Tunnel Questions...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Friend of mine (Anthony Marquart) whom I run boats w/ told me I should register on this site to get intel for some of my boats when in doubt so here goes. I bought my "first" tunnel hull used off ebay a few months back and had problems bringing it up to speed. It's a 35" hull that looks like it might be a prather, not sure. It's got a 7.5 cc K&B motor and I couldn't seem to get it any faster than about maybe 30 mph it seemed. Not sure on needle settings for this engine, no manual for it and I can't seem to find the manual on the internet for it. Engine looks like it has little run time on it and in very good condition. What prop and angle should I be running for this particular engine. Havn't ran it since then as I'm currently repainting it and building a new radio box for it since the guy who built it went silicone crazy on radio box and added a lot of unecessary weight. :unsure:

tunnel1.jpg

tunnel2.jpg

tunnel3.jpg

The boat is a Prather. You might try Prather's website: pratherproducts.com - there's probably a "contact us" link and they are usually pretty good about answering questions.

An Octura X447 balanced and sharpened is a good basic prop for this boat.

The engine is probably an older version of the K&B 7.5. When properly trimmed, the boat should run in the low to mid 40s.

JD

Prather Lap cat III by the looks of it.....

Lap Cat II was 32" for 7.5cc

Lap Cat III was 36" for 11cc and above engine but a decent mod 7.5 may push it

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a lapcat III. Not sure though. Seems like I remember the III being even bigger than Marks boat. He's really looking for prop depth and angle numbers here.

Well the measurements for the boats are on the Prather website.

I am pretty darn sure after owning one of each that we are looking at a LapCat III

Back