Thunder boat class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbird

I have always been a big scale advocate but for the Thunder boat class, I am torn. I'm looking for some opinions about how to paint a scale gas boat. I know there are some hard core scalers out there that want to have every boat painted like a real hydroplane of the era. If so, would you look down on a boat that was named after my favorite drink or food. I like the idea of being able to be creative, and come up with my own design...

A penny for your thoughts...

BB

I have always been a big scale advocate but for the Thunder boat class, I am torn. I'm looking for some opinions about how to paint a scale gas boat. I know there are some hard core scalers out there that want to have every boat painted like a real hydroplane of the era. If so, would you look down on a boat that was named after my favorite drink or food. I like the idea of being able to be creative, and come up with my own design...

BB
For a ThunderBoat its fine, Mine will be Texas Roadhouse. A fitting name for our fav place after a hard day of racing here......JUST DO IT

BB
Go for it!! I'm a hard core scale guy too BUT the thunderboat class allowed for some "artistic creativity" :)

BB
Go for it!! I'm a hard core scale guy too BUT the thunderboat class allowed for some "artistic creativity" :)
Bigbird, Being creative is part of that class!!! There are a lot of nice scale boats that you could do. But there are alot more creative designs that would take it to the next level!!!!! I like Red myself !! :p Doug

Last edited:
Yup, Dream it, Built it, Race it !!

Came up with color first, then the suggestions started rolling in for a name ... settled for a name of a club in Europe that has been a great resource to the world, Big-D Racing

Hull is a wood kit Blazer MARINE Lauterbach Thunderboat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back