The Green Hornet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Van Houten

Supporting Member
Vendor
Hey guys,

A guy in our club wants to build a sport 40 hydro that he saw run back in the early 80's called the Green Hornet. He said that it ran well (for the day anyway) and I am trying to help him find the guy that built that boat. I am an outboard tunnel guy and haven't been much help to him. Any info would help.

Thanks,

-Carl

I forgot the guys name that raced it. If it was a Sport 1 I believe Jim Wilson help him build it. Somebody in D9 would probably remember.

That would be David Dyson, who raced with his Dad, Bill Dyson. David raced both Sport 1 and Sport 2. He is no longer in the hobby, he may still own that boat and have it up in the rafters. He used to live in the Fremont area, but I think he now lives in Tracy area. It was a shovel nose, fiberglass and he modified the sponson bottoms to make it run good. I don't remember the maker of fiberglass kit, but I think the maker was in District 19, maybe Al Waters or Don Maher would know. Once modified it ran great, until then it was a turkey.

The Hull that David ran was a Kosh and Hockenbarry ..Witch later became the M T O..The first ones were moddled after the Thrifway Too. My son and I had some too. I still have mine..

Thanks guys! I will check into this. I would like to see more guys run Hydros at our pond. We only have two guys that run the hydro class at this time.

Thanks again,

-Carl

Out here in District 8, we have a few Sport 40s, but Sport 20 is where most put their time.

I like the size of the Sport 40s, since they can be raced in a bit rougher water.

I don't know anything about this boat. But have seen many shovel nose sport40 boats. Don't know where to get a mto but Phil makes a nice 40 shovel my son has one

Latest posts

Back