The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something you may want to add to your race calander.

The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup. Here's the information so far: It will be hosted by the Palm Beach RC Power Boaters. The classes that will run are the 1/8th scale unlimited hydroplane, sport 40 and classic thunderboat. Concours for 1/8th scale only. I would like to add maybe one more class. I think that all classes will have to have ten or more entries. The trophy (1/8th scale) will be a perpetual trophy for first place. Also there would be 2nd & 3rd place trophies (non-perpetual). All classes will run the same format ("Love Plan"). Trophies 1st thru 3rd for sport 40 and thunderboat. The date for the race is tentatively on August 23, 2009. I would like help with the name of this gold cup so email me with suggestions. Please let me know via email if you have any other suggestions/comments/concerns etc. about this new gold cup race.

Folks, just so were clear, I have nothing to do with this race, I posted the info here on I.W. JUST to get the word out there.

It seemed to be news that I felt needed more exposure than just or district-3 scale page.

If you need any further info, or would like to give suggestions about the trophy name, please contact:

Scale Director Steve Gualtieri

Contact Steve at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup. Here's the information so far: It will be hosted by the Palm Beach RC Power Boaters. The classes that will run are the 1/8th scale unlimited hydroplane, sport 40 and classic thunderboat. Concours for 1/8th scale only. I would like to add maybe one more class. I think that all classes will have to have ten or more entries. The trophy (1/8th scale) will be a perpetual trophy for first place. Also there would be 2nd & 3rd place trophies (non-perpetual). All classes will run the same format ("Love Plan"). Trophies 1st thru 3rd for sport 40 and thunderboat. The date for the race is tentatively on August 23, 2009. I would like help with the name of this gold cup so email me with suggestions. Please let me know via email if you have any other suggestions/comments/concerns etc. about this new gold cup race.
RB,

First Name that came to mind: The Roger Newton Excellence In Performance award, a fitting tribute...

Run all type classes, Sport 21, RTR to fill program.

Just my .02 (adjusted for inflation)

Randy Premo

Hello Rick .

This is a reply from Australia . I still have your e - mail address and will send you 1 .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing Australia

Hello Rick .This is a reply from Australia . I still have your e - mail address and will send you 1 .

Regards

Ian Baas

What site are you talking about? Seems i will be in Florida at that time.............

Hello Rick .This is a reply from Australia . I still have your e - mail address and will send you 1 .

Regards

Ian Baas

What site are you talking about? Seems i will be in Florida at that time.............
Mike, this is actually Steve Gultieri's (R/C Boat Company) brain child.

It is to be held at the West Palm Beach club site in west Delray Florida

If you need an address I'll work on that, or give Steve a call

Regards

Ian Baas

Mike, this is actually Steve Gultieri's (R/C Boat Company) brain child.

It is to be held at the West Palm Beach club site in west Delray Florida

If you need an address I'll work on that, or give Steve a call
Hope to meet him in Atlanta

Hydro-Fest 09

US Scale Masters( with the traveling trophy- The Roger Newton Award)

Southeastern Hydro Championship

Florida Hydro Shootout

One way or another, I'm coming to watch ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
RB,

First Name that came to mind: The Roger Newton Excellence In Performance award, a fitting tribute...

Randy Premo

A tribute race to Mr. Newton is justified and welcome; however, please avoid using "EP". Those words are already used as one of the most recognized trophies in boating.

Respectfully,

Mark Grannis

RB,

Randy Premo

Yes..

That is a good idea.. However I am with Mark.. The Roger Newton Trophy.

A tribute race to Mr. Newton is justified and welcome; however, please avoid using "EP". Those words are already used as one of the most recognized trophies in boating.

Respectfully,

Mark Grannis

Back