The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something you may want to add to your race calander.

The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup. Here's the information so far: It will be hosted by the Palm Beach RC Power Boaters. The classes that will run are the 1/8th scale unlimited hydroplane, sport 40 and classic thunderboat. Concours for 1/8th scale only. I would like to add maybe one more class. I think that all classes will have to have ten or more entries. The trophy (1/8th scale) will be a perpetual trophy for first place. Also there would be 2nd & 3rd place trophies (non-perpetual). All classes will run the same format ("Love Plan"). Trophies 1st thru 3rd for sport 40 and thunderboat. The date for the race is tentatively on August 23, 2009. I would like help with the name of this gold cup so email me with suggestions. Please let me know via email if you have any other suggestions/comments/concerns etc. about this new gold cup race.

Something you may want to add to your race calander.
The first annual 2009 1/8th Scale Unlimited Gold Cup. Here's the information so far: It will be hosted by the Palm Beach RC Power Boaters. The classes that will run are the 1/8th scale unlimited hydroplane, sport 40 and classic thunderboat. Concours for 1/8th scale only. I would like to add maybe one more class. I think that all classes will have to have ten or more entries. The trophy (1/8th scale) will be a perpetual trophy for first place. Also there would be 2nd & 3rd place trophies (non-perpetual). All classes will run the same format ("Love Plan"). Trophies 1st thru 3rd for sport 40 and thunderboat. The date for the race is tentatively on August 23, 2009. I would like help with the name of this gold cup so email me with suggestions. Please let me know via email if you have any other suggestions/comments/concerns etc. about this new gold cup race.

Rick years ago Randy Mc Cardey and some other guys put on that same type of race for nothing but scales and sport forty's and they called it the Admerils cup probably spelt wrong but you get the idea and I know that Jack has talked to Randy about useing that name again but some thing about needing to get permision from a guy name Dave Barry any how when we had the unlimiteds here in jacksonville some 20 or 30 years ago that was the name of that race. well we used to be members of the Jacksonville out board club and we had a race called the Bill Muncey Memorial race and a nice big trophey called the same thing. Well as we all know Bill is a legend in boat racing and I think to call your trophey the Bill Muncey Memorial trophey would be pretty cool. And yes I am working on getting a boat ready for your race.

Later Gator

Back