Tanks size and placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

OK........ I'm building a Dumas Eagle sport 40 , OPS power , Not sure of what pipe I have . I'm at a good point to figure out placement and size of tanks.

The way I have it is a 12.5 Oz. in the right sponson straight across from motor then a 6.25 oz behind front radio box . I'm thinking I could make my main tank bigger and the sump smaller to get more fuel But I'm still not sure whats better. Mounting the main on the right , like I 'm planning or on the left ?????

Is 18 oz. of fuel to much , or not enough ? Can't hurt that much with extra fuel .Not sure ??

Whats everyone think

New to hydros

Ed

Ed 18 oz. sounds a bit to much I run one 10 oz. tank and a 2 oz. hopper and after a race I have about 3 ozs. left in the tanks and that is going in as soon as possible when on the clock, I am running a modified CMB purple head in a PT boat with a pitched up x450 prop chuck :)

Ed 18 oz. sounds a bit to much I run one 10 oz. tank and a 2 oz. hopper and after a race I have about 3 ozs. left in the tanks and that is going in as soon as possible when on the clock, I am running a modified CMB purple head in a PT boat with a pitched up x450 prop chuck :)
Thanks for the Help. What side do you have yours mounted on if you don't mind me asking.

I have read in a couple of threads diffrent ideas on this. Some like them on the left some on the right.

:huh:

Ed

Thanks for the Help. What side do you have yours mounted on if you don't mind me asking.

I have read in a couple of threads diffrent ideas on this. Some like them on the left some on the right.

:huh:

Ed
Ed I like the tank mounted on the right side as close to the center of the boat as you can get it, everyone has a different opinion on this right vs. left . its still a matter of personal choice I think both works well if the boat is balanced correctly chuck :)

Back