Tank Setup for T5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly

Supporting Member
I am trying to decide which tank setup is best. The tank up front or the radio box up front and two tanks on port and starboard behind the motor.

Is anyone using the two tank system? If so - which tank empties first?

As I have all winter to play with these ideas I'd appreciate any thoughts and even pictures.

Olly

I am trying to decide which tank setup is best. The tank up front or the radio box up front and two tanks on port and starboard behind the motor.

As I have all winter to play with these ideas I'd appreciate any thoughts and even pictures.

Olly
Hi Olly, I run the 3 tank system in my scales. I have 2-8 ounce tanks on the center of gravity on both sides with a 2 or 4-ounce sump tank up at the carb. The pressure from the pipe feeds the right tank vent (when looking from the rear), then the pick up from the right tank goes over to the left tank vent. The pick up from the left tank then goes to the vent on the sump tank with the pick up from the sump tank then going to the remote needle. On all the pick up tubes, they are all 5/32" tubing with large fuel lines between the tanks. This seems to control the lean or rich conditions that occur when one tank empties. The right tank empties first, then the left, while the sump tank is usually always full. When filling, the sump tank fills first, followed by the left side, then the right with fuel filling the pipe if your not carefull..... :lol:

Hope this helps....

Last edited by a moderator:

Olly
Hi Olly, I run the 3 tank system in my scales. I have 2-8 ounce tanks on the center of gravity on both sides with a 2 or 4-ounce sump tank up at the carb. The pressure from the pipe feeds the right tank vent (when looking from the rear), then the pick up from the right tank goes over to the left tank vent. The pick up from the left tank then goes to the vent on the sump tank with the pick up from the sump tank then going to the remote needle. On all the pick up tubes, they are all 5/32" tubing with large fuel lines between the tanks. This seems to control the lean or rich conditions that occur when one tank empties. The right tank empties first, then the left, while the sump tank is usually always full. When filling, the sump tank fills first, followed by the left side, then the right with fuel filling the pipe if your not carefull..... :lol:

Hope this helps....
Sure is nice to fill one Stainless Walt Barney tank and let the carb suck it dry like a SWEET TASTING MILKSHAKE

Olly

Hope this helps....
Sure is nice to fill one Stainless Walt Barney tank and let the carb suck it dry like a SWEET TASTING MILKSHAKE
I run 2 7oz ( in series) tanks behind the sponsons and radio is in the front

Olly

Hope this helps....
I run 2 7oz ( in series) tanks behind the sponsons and radio is in the front
I would be about 2 laps short on 14 oz on that diet. :D

Olly

Hope this helps....
AMEN to that!!!

Olly

Hope this helps.... Doug i think at one race you ended up half a lap short. End of season you were smokin
AMEN to that!!!

Oily,

I run two tanks just in front of the CG. The tanks are one 10 oz right side feeding one 8 oz left side. I have never had a fuel problem with this set-up over the years. I also have the radio box in front of the motor in the nose. This way the CG does not change as the fuel is drawn down as you run, loosening the boat up making easier to blow over.

My new two wing will have two 10 oz tanks , or one 10 oz and one 12 oz so i don't have to wait one light getting in the water before the two minute rush.

That's my 2 cents

Bert

Last edited by a moderator:
Back