tactic radio questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I belive they are one of the same, but both are a 2 channel transmitter, you would be better off with a quality system like a Futaba 3PM, 100 bux more though, but well worth the extra change!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, they're the same radio systems except for the labels.

I didn't see where one has a 2-channel RX and the other a 3-channel RX.

This from the Tech Notes:

FEATURES: Transmitter can bind to multiple receivers

Tiny lightweight receiver (TOWL0224) with internal antenna

Built-in fail safe

Steering and throttle trim and servo reversing

Steering rate adjustment

Power LED with low battery indication

One year limited warranty

Yeah, a lot of us are on tight budgets so you're not the Lone Ranger on that one.

The downside of this system is that you get only the basics, not even EPA's which is something they need to have when they come out with a newer version. I'd kind of call this the 2.4 Mag Sport. I need something like a Mag Jr. version.

I belive they are one of the same, but both are a 2 channel transmitter, you would be better off with a quality system like a Futaba 3PM, 100 bux more though, but well worth the extra change!!
Yes I'd love the futaba. But tactic plus 1 extra reciever is 102. Futaba 3pm plus one extra reciever is 270! I'm not sure it is worth the extra change???

Yes I'd love the futaba. But tactic plus 1 extra reciever is 102. Futaba 3pm plus one extra reciever is 270! I'm not sure it is worth the extra change???
tom the extra change is "well" worth it, like epa adjustment, third channel needle usability and many many other features.. you should watch hobby shack as they have the airtronics mx3 in the new style 2.4 stuff that imo is better than the futaba stuff, but i am kinda biased , sometime they have a deal where you buy the radio and get a extra reciever free.. and about 169.99 and imo a better radio.. just my 2 pennies

tk

Well I need a new radio and dont have a big budget.
is the tower radio:

http://towerhobbies.com/products/towj0224.html

same as the tactic?:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...LXWRP3&P=ML

I see the tower reciever is 2 channel and the tactic is 3 channel? Do they both have the same range?

How does it work if you want to use it with more than one boat? Does the transmitter bind to more than one reciever?
Tom, the Tactic will bind to more than one reciever. I got one with my Vegas and bought another reciever for $25 and put it in my Sport 20. The only thing you have to due is set up the linkages so that you don't have to make adjustments from one boat to another. If you don't mind setting up things the old fashion way it is a great way to upgrade to 2.4 at a low cost.

Bill Wachtler

tom the extra change is "well" worth it, like epa adjustment, third channel needle usability and many many other features.. you should watch hobby shack as they have the airtronics mx3 in the new style 2.4 stuff that imo is better than the futaba stuff, but i am kinda biased , sometime they have a deal where you buy the radio and get a extra reciever free.. and about 169.99 and imo a better radio.. just my 2 pennies

tk

I dont know.. for the money is well worth it.. Its a dead reliable system...

I must be old school .. I set up all my linkage mechanical straight anyway..

Grim

One more question... Does it matter with 2.4 if you use a carbonfiber radio box lid?

Well guys,

With all Tom does for us with this site maybe we should start a collection to buy Tom a new Futaba system. I will start off with a $40.00 donation.

What do you think.

Cheers

Paul.

I run both a Futaba 3PK and the Tactic system that came with my UL-1. The major difference besides the bells and whistles that let me run lots of models from the 3PK is range. The Futaba has noticeably longer range than the Tactic. Both work well on our NAMBA 1/6 mile course. Just don't run across the pond with the Tactic system.

Lohring Miller

A good buddy of mine has set me up with a radio so ill be good to go. You guys don't need to get me one. I do appreciate the kind thought though.

Thanks my friends!

Tom

Back