t-boat question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark holton jr

ok guys i have been looking around at t-boats and i have a question this is about the lauterbach, from what iv found they never made a unlimited hydro they all used v8,s so why does everyone put a U on there boat????????????

man iv been searching lauterbach all day and could not find anything but the gt class boats. how many years did they run in unlimited???

I believe the Chrysler Crew boat ran in the mid to late sixtys...BUT i just found a pic of what at least looks like a Lauterbach with twin engines in my 1983 APBA Media guide...it was called Team 5.....#U-5 It was owned by John Dickerson and the Driver was Terry Turner...had twin Chevies......

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chrysler Crew boat U77(hull roster # 6677) raced from 1966 through 1970. A second boat, U5 LAUTERBACH SPECIAL(hull #7505) raced from 1975 through 1983. Here is a link to the Newton Marine page on these boats http://jeffkesdesigns.com/newtonmarine/plans.php?pageNum_rsCWResults=18&category=5

Saymikey has the Miss Owensboro and I have the U5 Candyman(currently being painted) as Thunderboats. Mikeys boat is fast and runs very good. Brian's kits are very well thought out as far as design goes and all of them I have seen run very good.

Hope this helps,

Buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry Lauterbach built a third Unlimited - - MHR 5736 '57 -'58 Miss US IV. CHEERS !!! Bob

Henry Lauterbach built a third Unlimited - - MHR 5736 '57 -'58 Miss US IV. CHEERS !!! Bob
Bob if you have a larger version of that photo please send me a pm for my email. I need a new background on my comp and that picture is freakin' awesome!

ok guys i have been looking around at t-boats and i have a question this is about the lauterbach, from what iv found they never made a unlimited hydro they all used v8,s so why does everyone put a U on there boat????????????

Mark

The U-5 painted white ran under several sponsors and it also ran as the Candyman. I believe they all ran twin Chevy's. Before that the same boat was originally the Lauterbach Special and then became the Gemini. Those two boats ran an Allison V-12. The Chrysler Crew obviously ran twin Chryslers. If you hunt around the APBA website and Mini Czars website you can find pictures of these boats. I found the Gemini picture in a Detroit Unlimited site, but I don't recall the exact one. I believe it is on the APBA site.

Bill

Mercguy is right. The Gemini ran an allison for sure. It was owned by a Delta pilotin

Miami.

The Chrysler Crew, if I remember correctly was not build by Henry Lauterbach. Bill Sterrett built it in his shop to Henry Lauterbach's plans. Hope this helps. Perry

Mercguy is right. The Gemini ran an allison for sure. It was owned by a Delta pilotin

Miami.

The Chrysler Crew, if I remember correctly was not build by Henry Lauterbach. Bill Sterrett built it in his shop to Henry Lauterbach's plans. Hope this helps. Perry
I thought WALT CARTER was the owner of the Gemini?? Dick

Latest posts

Back