Switch Harness - What to buy?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCapaldi

Supporting Member
I'm looking into purchasing some receiver switches so I thought I would check to see what others have been using. What have you found to work well / have had issues with?

Thanks,

Chris Capaldi

I know many use the stock switch harnesses and just replace them every year or two, some use a magnetic switch arrangement while others have used heavy duty waterproof switches. I know there are other arrangements that are used as well but these three I've seen either used on the forum or in person. Using anything except the stock harness normally requires removing the battery pack to recharge it.

I know many use the stock switch harnesses and just replace them every year or two, some use a magnetic switch arrangement while others have used heavy duty waterproof switches. I know there are other arrangements that are used as well but these three I've seen either used on the forum or in person. Using anything except the stock harness normally requires removing the battery pack to recharge it.
The Futaba heavy duty is big but trouble free,esp if using hi amp setups

The miniature switch shown in Ed's post would work great. The locking lever is a huge plus. I would recommend using a double pole/single throw switch though as it gives you redundancy for positive contact. All you do is run the wires across both sets of terminals. You could also use a dpdt switch if you want to add a charging jack. Bru-line pushrod seals make a good boot for the switch.

Latest posts

Back