Super Sport45 redo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
Hey Ray S I see you are getting one of the SSP45 refinished. You added the Namba tunnel mod bottom, you will like it, makes the boat ride a bit better without a blow off.

You going to have it ready before winter?

If you want a new glass front wing send me your mailing address.

I will be ready to build all the new boats with this bottom soon as I get the bottom mold redone.

Rays gallery pictures.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10392&pos=3

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil, loaded those pics for future reference to build. I forgot they pop up on most recent additions. Thanks for offer on wing, i'm good, just a lot of wet sanding too do. Will race at Atlanta in April. :D :D Ray

Hi Phil,How much for the Mod bottom for the SSP45?

Thanks,

David
$20 For the new epoxyglass tunnel floors and the 1/4 stick spacers.

$5 for shipping.

email me for more info
Pics????? How bout a recall my 4 year old boat needs replaced its only won a few races LOL
HA MIKEY All you ever do is mess up cowls You want a new one with the namba bottom? I will put you first on the list. Mine ran real well last weekend 4 firsts :rolleyes:

Hi Phil,How much for the Mod bottom for the SSP45?

Thanks,

David
$20 For the new epoxyglass tunnel floors and the 1/4 stick spacers.

$5 for shipping.

email me for more info
Pics????? How bout a recall my 4 year old boat needs replaced its only won a few races LOL
HA MIKEY All you ever do is mess up cowls You want a new one with the namba bottom? I will put you first on the list. Mine ran real well last weekend 4 firsts :rolleyes:
Looks like my Bud #8 is going out of style. May need a fresh boat with a new DEW

Got a question, boat has a forward radio box. I want to mount steering servo in it's own waterproof box left of the stuffing tube. I need a waterproof three wire connector so I can service either radio box seperately out of the boat. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Ray

Got a question, boat has a forward radio box. I want to mount steering servo in it's own waterproof box left of the stuffing tube. I need a waterproof three wire connector so I can service either radio box seperately out of the boat. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Ray
Deans gold plated connectors should work the futaba connectors could corrode.

Running a control rod from the front box is no problem.

You can get Dave Brown products carbon fiber control rod kit for this setup.

Deans gold plated connectors should work the futaba connectors could corrode.

Running a control rod from the front box is no problem.

You can get Dave Brown products carbon fiber control rod kit for this setup.
Phil, I'm running a third channel needle, three servos, battery, switch, all up front is too much for these fat fingers to work on. Like building a ship in a bottle :lol: :lol: Thanks for the Deans tip. Ray

Hey Ray S I see you are getting one of the SSP45 refinished. You added the Namba tunnel mod bottom, you will like it, makes the boat ride a bit better without a blow off. You going to have it ready before winter?

I will be ready to build all the new boats with this bottom soon as I get the bottom mold redone.

Rays gallery pictures.

Phill what did you do to the bottom ??? why do you exit your stuffing tube so far back.???

I know less drag but the bend is fairly severe.. You are the master.. not me.. but just my observation..

Ed Hughey was my guru.. he taught me .

I am one of the old members of Indy Model Boat Club.. I traveled with Ed and partnered with him when his brother was not available. so, I do know a little something about modeling.. but not at your level..

Thank you for your time. I am also the man with the Coors light boat you built in 2000 very light you laid it up for SAW

Hey Ray S I see you are getting one of the SSP45 refinished. You added the Namba tunnel mod bottom, you will like it, makes the boat ride a bit better without a blow off. You going to have it ready before winter?

Rays gallery pictures.

<a href="https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10392&pos=3" target="_blank">https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10392&pos=3</a>
You are the master.. not me.. but just my observation..

I am one of the old members of Indy Model Boat Club.. I traveled with Ed and partnered with him when his brother was not available. so, I do know a little something about modeling.. but not at your level..

Thank you for your time. I am also the man with the Coors light boat you built in 2000 very light you laid it up for SAW

Phill what did you do to the bottom ??? why do you exit your stuffing tube so far back.???

I know less drag but the bend is fairly severe..

The setup of the drive shaft is straight to the strut no bend. some have put a slight bend at the bottom just in front of the strut to make the strut flatter. Where do you see a severe bend?

The bottom mod was to the tunnel depth to suit the Namba rule of 1/2 inch deep belly pan.

I will have the new boat done with this bottom so no one will have to add anything.

I have tested this new boat this year and it has been the best handling boat I have seen. Runs faster and will stay on the water with a flatter strut angle and no extra weight.

Rays gallery pictures.

<a href="https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10392&pos=3" target="_blank">https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10392&pos=3</a>
You are the master.. not me.. but just my observation..

I know less drag but the bend is fairly severe..

The setup of the drive shaft is straight to the strut no bend. some have put a slight bend at the bottom just in front of the strut to make the strut flatter. Where do you see a severe bend?

The bottom mod was to the tunnel depth to suit the Namba rule of 1/2 inch deep belly pan.

I will have the new boat done with this bottom so no one will have to add anything.

I have tested this new boat this year and it has been the best handling boat I have seen. Runs faster and will stay on the water with a flatter strut angle and no extra weight.
Ray i have all 3 servos up front,use good servos then you only need to do it one time..........

Mike, Phil said the same thing, but 3 servos,rec,batt, an switch too much for these fat fingers. Also not comfortable with almost 28 inch long steering control rod, no matter what it's made of. Just me I guess, have to over engineer. :p :p Ray

Rays gallery pictures.

Boats in primer.

Hey now Ray,

Thats going to be a nice looking boat You do great work. When you get it done and that scale you MUST come out to Evansville and race. There is the best trun out of Sport Fortys and Scales anywhere and the race site is premiere. Come on down :D

Bob

Hey now Ray,
Thats going to be a nice looking boat You do great work. When you get it done and that scale you MUST come out to Evansville and race. There is the best trun out of Sport Fortys and Scales anywhere and the race site is premiere. Come on down :D

Bob
Thanks Nails, I'm up early for work, but your up way to late for an Old Goat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back