Strut Placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

Measuring directly down, how far down should the center point of the prop be from the bottom of the hull on an 1/8th scale?

or if you measure it differently, let me know... :blink:

Measuring directly down, how far down should the center point of the prop be from the bottom of the hull on an 1/8th scale?
I dont know what scale you are building but if the real one did not stick out past the transom the whole drive dog must go under the boat. Hope this helps

OK, I am running the 1/8th scale T-2, with an X460 prop.
A good place to start is a 1/8 above sponson depth and 1 to 2 deg positive angle . With the strut being 1/8 to 3\8 off set to the outside sponson. I like the transom weight to be around 1 pound and 1/2 and no more than 2 pound. Doug

I dont know what scale you are building but if the real one did not stick out past the transom the whole drive dog must go under the boat. Hope this helps

Is this while the boat is running or on the stand ?????

Tim

Is this while the boat is running or on the stand ?????

Tim
With that particular boat I would start with the center of the hole in the rear of the strut at 1 1/16th below the bottom of the boat. On my strut. which is 3" long, the same point of the strut in the front is at 1", whatever that makes the slope betwwen the two.

Back