Strut Location behind transom

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Douglas P Shepherd

I would like a clarification on the rule on the newier style scale hulls.(IMPBA) With the prop that is extened back from the transom. I have taken measurement from 10'' to 1 foot. This is from the transom to the start of the hub of the prop. How is the rule stated? I have not seen anything on one boat to another, on prop placement. Other than if the Real Proto hull did have the prop extened , it is O.K for the scale hull to do as well. Thanks For any Help here Doug Shepherd

The strut is not supposed to extend from the transom..But the new hulls racing on circuit nowa days is behind or even with the transom.As long as you have photo evidence that show the strut past the transom it is allowed cause it would be the same as the real boat.Just make sure you have a clear picture of the real hull showing it past.If your still uncertain contact your scale district director just to clear things up.or national scale director.shann

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Steve Ball the IMPBA National Scale Director he should be able to answer your question.

Steve Ball

National Scale Unlimited Director

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

Contact Steve Ball the IMPBA National Scale Director he should be able to answer your question.
Steve Ball

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
So if I have a picture and I estimating it being 10'' or one foot. That will be O.K O-Boy! :lol:

Last edited:
Steve Ball

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
So if I have a picture and I estimating it being 10'' or one foot. That will be O.K O-Boy! :lol:
Who Is the scale director for IMPBA Distric 2

Steve Ball

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
And yet another can of worms!!! :unsure:

Steve Ball

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
From what I understand,District 2 Scale director is Robin Hallam.

Steve Ball

8122 Rothman Rd

Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

219-492-0356

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
From what I understand,District 2 Scale director is Robin Hallam.
Thank you Doug

Guys,

Can someone email me a copy of the IMPBA Scale Rules? I tried to d/l them from the website but I was getting an error for some reason. As Al Waters has touched my shoulders with the sword and annointed me the NAMBA National Scale Chairman I am curious and would like to follow along as an observer.

Mike, the new rules are not in the book yet. The older version is on the site if you click on the half size rulebook and the new updates are in the Roostertail DEcember 06. also on the site. impba.net.

Basically, Doug, you should n't have a problem if you have a picture. that is what I have and i run my strut all the way up to the transom. It used to be a drive dog issue, IE drive dog could not extend past the transom unless the prototype did so.

Well who ever saw a real unlimited with a drive dog?? The rule wording didn't make sense. So we changed it to:

drive dog could not extend past the transom unless the prototype strut and or drive dog did so. And added photo proof requirement.

I think this helps. The word drive dog is still there, but is clarified.

What you think??

Brian

Got it Brian Thanks! I have a question brewing but I need to consult some research materials first before I pose it.

Unlimteds do not have dog drives now what???
Doug estimated the prop on the unlimiteds to be about 12 inches behind the transom so in 1/8 scale thats 1.5 inches (1.5 inches equals 1 foot) So if you have a photo and know the correct measurement to the front of the prop I guess you would be legal.

Some of the boats that had the prop behind the boat are not available anymore for a exact measurement.

So you have to rely on a photo. I suspect as long as you dont get to far out it would pass. I dont think anymore than 1 standard drive dog length past the transom would not have any big advantage.

PHIL

I would like to see the rule read no more than two standard drive dogs past the transom and forget the scale numbers. If you have a pic showing it past then you have up to two drive dogs out. Doug

Back