STARTER BELTS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

I saw someone on Jims boat dock someone asking about heavy duty starter belts. The replies he got were to use :

Good Year FHP 2L 220 2l Pitch 22" length and GATES TRUFLEX 2L 240. You more experienced guys may know of this. Is this a belt for nitro or gas motors ? What belte are you using in your 1/8 scale hydros ?

I've seen purpose made starter belts(it's what I normally use), sewing machine drive belts and a few other kinds of belts used. What is important is that the belt fits into the groove on the starter and engine without binding AND DOESN'T STRETCH WHEN YOU PUT TENSION ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use the ones from Timothy Jones. A little stiffer then most, but they have served me very well. Tim is your one stop shop for belts, fuel/water tubing, header coupler, flex cables, and much more. I have yet to be disappointed in anything he has sent me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fellas, and you too TIM, LOL. " BON DOUI LE JEAN ". CAJUN TRANSLATION = HAVE A GOOD ONE PEOPLE !

Thanks fellas, and you too TIM, LOL. " BON DOUI LE JEAN ". CAJUN TRANSLATION = HAVE A GOOD ONE PEOPLE !
The guys on Jims use those belts because gasoline wont attack them. Gasoline will attack a fiberglass sewing machine type belt......

Latest posts

Back