Start of New Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Supporting Member
I was going to wait to post some pictures until I started to fit things together, but my frames came today and they looked so cool I couldn't resist. I will add pics as I go, but this is going to be a slow build as I find the time between all the stuff I have going on right now. Here is a link to the album I have started. Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Kevin

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1016

nice looking cf there
Who made the parts for you pretty darn sweet............
Hey Mike

Thanks for the comment. I made the CAD drawings and sent them to Steeve Spenard of BF Carbon to have them CNC'd. Steeve does awesome work! He will cut the CF or G10 from CAD drawings you provide or make drawings for you based on your measurements. www.bfcarbon.com There is a photo in my album with a picture of his business card and phone info.

Cheers

Kevin

That is awesome. If you don't mind sharing about how much does this cost with material and the machining. That is going to be an awesome boat.

Any new progress on this build?
Hey Tom,

Well I mocked up the frames on the jig and I am very happy with the overall fit. However, even though my 3D model in the CAD program looked good, I made a couple of mistakes on transferring some of the curves to CAD. I think the software I used has a poor algorithm for making curved splines from a series of points and there were two places where although it looked good on computer, when it was cut the curves were a little rough. They could be sanded rather easily, but I decided to try to fix the drawing and have them re-cut. that is where I am at now. I will up-date the thread with pictures when i make some significant progress. Thanks for the interest.

Back