SS 45 with mac 45 options & opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I purchased a used ss45 that i am going to rebuild.

I am going to make my own version of the tub mods.

It currently has a mac 45, front walt barny tank, and rear radio box and turbile cowl that needs some love..

It needs a radio box either way and perhaps a new cowl so i figured this was the time to start planning and ordering what i needed.

I am considering going with a front radio box and putting the tank in under the deck and using a hopper tank around the carb area.

Would you guys think this was a good idea or are the front tank/rear radio box setups running as well as the the opposite.

This way i get to re-use the tank :D but the plastic ones are cheap <_<

Thanks

Terry

Ted, On my rebuild I put the radio box up front and got a custom saddle tank from Walt Barney. Tank has a internal hooper tank. CG does not change when tank emptys.

Ted, On my rebuild I put the radio box up front and got a custom saddle tank from Walt Barney. Tank has a internal hooper tank. CG does not change when tank emptys.
I again went with front radio box. I opened the right hole up to get a 12 ounce tank righ up beside the motor mount. Added a 2 ounch hopper in the engine bay behind motor mount. I can get you some pics if needed.Mike

I again went with front radio box. I opened the right hole up to get a 12 ounce tank righ up beside the motor mount. Added a 2 ounch hopper in the engine bay behind motor mount. I can get you some pics if needed.Mike
Hi Mike im building a new ss45 I was wondering if you could send me pic's of your fuel tanks and front radio box set up and any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a front radio box. 12oz. Sullivan tank under the deck on the Starboard side,with a 2oz. Hayes tank between the engine and the radio box. Mac .45 AB Parabolic pipe. This is one of Phil's hulls with the new style bottom.

Hi Mike im building a new ss45 I was wondering if you could send me pic's of your fuel tanks and front radio box set up and any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Tony
Tony,

Build it according to Phil's specifications and it will be very close right off the work bench.

Back