Sport and 1/8 scale Hydro Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

Myself and a couple Buddies, race Sport and Scale boats in South Georiga and North Fla. THis year WE want to find some new places to race, that are RV friendly. Some of you Guys, suggest a couple sites. north or west no matter just some races that get more than 3 or 4 boats per class. Thanks!

Myself and a couple Buddies, race Sport and Scale boats in South Georiga and North Fla. THis year WE want to find some new places to race, that are RV friendly. Some of you Guys, suggest a couple sites. north or west no matter just some races that get more than 3 or 4 boats per class. Thanks!
Check out Indy, Madison, and Selina. All have places for campers and they all have around 10 to 15 scales and 12 to 18 sport 40s at all venues. Great people too.

ps at Madison you can camp on the river , race on Sat. and watch the big boys on Sunday at the 4th of July race.

You all need to check out Florida District 3 racing. http://www.namba3.net

Every race has a really nice turnout of scale boats. It is our largest nitro class at every race.

Just about every race location we have is RV friendly and a few of the races even have RV hookups close by.

You don't get better then that.

Check it out! ;)

Ron Ratoff

Namba District 3

celina summer challenge celina ,ohio 45822 june 12-13=14 18 miles west of i-75 on rt 29.

2 days of racing 140-60 boats campers welcome . we normally have 12-16 1/8 scales, most classes have 5 boats or we arent running them. flyer @ impba web site. home of the 2004 and 2007 gas nats!!

Last edited by a moderator:
celina summer challenge celina ,ohio 45822 june 12-13=14 18 miles west of i-75 on rt 29.

2 days of racing 140-60 boats campers welcome . we normally have 12-16 1/8 scales, most classes have 5 boats or we arent running them. flyer @ impba web site. home of the 2004 and 2007 gas nats!!
140 to 160 Boats

Check out Indy, Madison, and Selina. All have places for campers and they all have around 10 to 15 scales and 12 to 18 sport 40s at all venues. Great people too.

ps at Madison you can camp on the river , race on Sat. and watch the big boys on Sunday at the 4th of July race.
Could send Me a contact number, so I can get more info.

Could send Me a contact number, so I can get more info.
Don McKay [email protected] for the Madison Race

One thing not mentioned for the Madison Race, besides the competition, is the water conditions. With a lake almost completely surrounded by trees, the water is always calm, which in turn, makes the racing always FLAT OUT!! Even the stock 20 tunnels run aired out there. haha!! Just had to say that. But, as far as the most competition, I think winning Evansville is tough for scale and sport 40, too bad you cant camp on that site. They will be around 20 sport 40s, and probably near equal that in Scale this year. Ken

Performance Model Boat Club hosts two races, the Buckeye 880 in August and Thunder in the Valley in September. Our lake is located inside a full hookup camp ground, and our turnout is usually pretty good.

One thing not mentioned for the Madison Race, besides the competition, is the water conditions. With a lake almost completely surrounded by trees, the water is always calm, which in turn, makes the racing always FLAT OUT!! Even the stock 20 tunnels run aired out there. haha!! Just had to say that. But, as far as the most competition, I think winning Evansville is tough for scale and sport 40, too bad you cant camp on that site. They will be around 20 sport 40s, and probably near equal that in Scale this year. Ken
There are campgrounds not real far away in Evansville since you cant camp on site. I know this may sound a little crazy but if you got a generator and dont need electric hookup, you sometimes see RV's parked in Walmarts parking lots. From what I understand they allow that and there is a Wal-mart REAL close to race site w/ a pretty big lot. Just a thought.

Here are a couple of pictures of my new used scale I just got ran it last Saturday and it looked pretty good for not having been run for over 5 years. It came with the radio , a Picco 67 blue head and a spare K&B 67 engine.

Here are a couple of pictures of my new used scale I just got ran it last Saturday and it looked pretty good for not having been run for over 5 years. It came with the radio , a Picco 67 blue head and a spare K&B 67 engine.
Bill, Nice scale. Ill send you a set of mirrors for it in the mail. send me your address again. Joe

Zuber has never had a boat with mirrors haha AND Wes's dad found my driver in his truck, SO, I will just need a windshield for me, and one for Carl, and life is good, the Oberto should be ready for a small photo shoot soon. Racing season is getting close!! Joe the rookie Moceri is gonna be testing with us this year. I cant wait!! Ken

Kenny at least with the mirrors your driver can himself in my mirrors. :blink:

Zuber has never had a boat with mirrors haha AND Wes's dad found my driver in his truck, SO, I will just need a windshield for me, and one for Carl, and life is good, the Oberto should be ready for a small photo shoot soon. Racing season is getting close!! Joe the rookie Moceri is gonna be testing with us this year. I cant wait!! Ken

gotta love it,,,,,,,,,trash talkin already!!!

ready to have funnnnnnn :p

gh

gotta love it,,,,,,,,,trash talkin already!!!

ready to have funnnnnnn :p

gh
Greg you won't be laughing when you see Joe. If you thnk Kenny's antenna shakes you should see Joe's it looks like he is in CA with an earthquake going on.

Last weekend, They were convinced something was wrong with my radio, I was driving and not shaking. haha!! I told them testing isnt racing. Ken

Hay, I'm having radio problems this year guys. My boat seems to dart left then turn right for no reason so just to be safe you will want to stay behind me OK :rolleyes:
Sorry Wes, I don't it's your radio I think it the driver.

DonB
Regardless of what the issue is, Don, you just stay behind him like a good boy, Meanwhile, I will stay out front just to be safe. Ken

Back