Sport 60 ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

I see it ran at the NAMBA Nats- anyone else running this class in their Dist this year ???

Not offered in D3 <_<

I know Rick, just build it right :p

I was just thinking I could loose the rear wing (less headache's ) and run it in the One days as a field filler for now ;)

Well until Don bitched anyway - :rolleyes: - kidding Don......... :)

Andy

Here in dist 19 we have been running it (sport-60) for at least the last 5 yrs. This is my favorite class!

Don :)

Yeh, RightSome in our district wanted Sport-X be added also, How many of them have you seen show?
I have the wing assemb. off and I liked the look of it was all.... :rolleyes:

To bad it wont make something else that was wingless :huh:

How many usually show up Don ?? and what boat are you running ??

Was the class originated for those who didn't meet the purist's desire for the Scale class ? What are the major differences ?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Scale boats, painted the way you want to,

Look at the NAMBA sport hydro section of the rule book.

You do know what that is, don't you????????????????????????

I'm getting primed for looking at pictures this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand by,

put on those "bullet proof underwear"

Scale boats, painted the way you want to,
Look at the NAMBA sport hydro section of the rule book.

You do know what that is, don't you????????????????????????

I'm getting primed for looking at pictures this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand by,

put on those "bullet proof underwear"
No worries, I told you its still rough- :lol:

And why the heck would I check the rule book when your replies are so fun :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

None the less, knowing you, I have donned the kevlar :eek:

Andy

drew, i would have thought that, by now, your butt was tough enough not to need kevlar <_< :lol: :lol: !

What the heck, let have a sport, A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,X,Y,Z, ...LOL, really I think it would be great, kinda scale without all the rule's!!but aint seen any!! at least here in IMPBA D-2

what, you haven't learned to duck yet, either :lol: :lol: ?????
He's good that way, just when you think he's gonna knock you in the azz- he punches you in the face :p

Plus it gives Ray something to do also :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy

all i can say is, with age comes wisdom. i'm just afraid you'll NEVER get that old.........................

Sport 60 is kinda of a namba thing. It does help get the guys that go out and buy the dumas circus boat and then paint it up as some other scale or don't get around to doing a paint sceme a place to run. I only know of 2 purpose built sp60. The rest are just scales. In the past we have run this class. This year it was only run at one dist race.

Mike

Sport 60 is kinda of a namba thing. It does help get the guys that go out and buy the dumas circus boat and then paint it up as some other scale or don't get around to doing a paint sceme a place to run. I only know of 2 purpose built sp60. The rest are just scales. In the past we have run this class. This year it was only run at one dist race. Mike
I like the idea myself, only cause I'm lazy - :p I'm close to leaving the rear wing off, fitting the cowl - run a Picco or OPS and have some fun with it- Dont have to worry about wrecking a wing in a blow off- like that's not gonna happen :rolleyes:

I know me .......I would be much more prone to run it harder that way anyhow (sanzs rear wing). The bottom mod is just about done and I'm pretty happy with that so far. Worse case, I run it the WCRA one days with the Scales and have fun with it- without breaking the bank.

Andy

Andy,

In dist. 19 there are 2 purpose built sport-60's that I know of, mine & Kim Grim's. I run a MTO drop sponson,CMB for power. Kim run's a Velasco cab over CMB powered hull, all the rest are normal scale built hull's...

For the most part the sport-60 class is 4-5 mph faster than the scale class!! I think this is due to not having to worrie about having to repair & repaint to scale (If needed) JUST GO FAST & TURN RIGHT!! :D :p :lol:

Andy,In dist. 19 there are 2 purpose built sport-60's that I know of, mine & Kim Grim's. I run a MTO drop sponson,CMB for power. Kim run's a Velasco cab over CMB powered hull, all the rest are normal scale built hull's...

For the most part the sport-60 class is 4-5 mph faster than the scale class!! I think this is due to not having to worrie about having to repair & repaint to scale (If needed) JUST GO FAST & TURN RIGHT!! :D :p :lol:

Hey Don how about a pic?

Mikey,

I'll take a few pics. Will post them when the wife gets back tonight ( she is the computer wizz in this house)

Back