Sport 60 Hydro hardware setup????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

I've aquired an old nitro 44" Sport Hydro glass hull. I believe it was originally setup for NAMBA competition because it sports a thru hull bottom strut and offset rudder (right side when looking forward) Just curious if this is still the best hardware configuration(drive dog rule)for Sport 60 class in NAMBA. I know with IMPBA the drive dog rule is not an issue. Also, i'm more comfortible running rudders on the left side(with my 8th scales)would i be better off moving the rudder to the left.

Or should i just set it up with a transom mtd strut and run it as a 60-90 rigger

Opinions welcome

PICT0366.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've aquired an old nitro 44" Sport Hydro glass hull. I believe it was originally setup for NAMBA competition because it sports a thru hull bottom strut and offset rudder (right side when looking forward) Just curious if this is still the best hardware configuration(drive dog rule)for Sport 60 class in NAMBA. I know with IMPBA the drive dog rule is not an issue. Also, i'm more comfortible running rudders on the left side(with my 8th scales)would i be better off moving the rudder to the left.

Or should i just set it up with a transom mtd strut and run it as a 60-90 rigger

Opinions welcome
If I remember correctly, you set up a Sport 60 the same as a scale boat. I would agree with moving the rudder to the left side, considering I did the same thing with a Steve Muck hull that had the rudder directly behind the prop. I THINK the drive dog can have the ears out from under the hull but will have to check to be sure

Just checked the NAMBA rule book, this comes from section 20 page 2

8. The propeller drive dog may be one drive dog length behind the transom of the boat.

To me, that implies THE STRUT MUST GO THROUGH THE HULL BOTTOM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the confirmation on prop & rudder location, thats the way i'm going. I post some pics when its done.

Back