Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan simpson iv

Sorry for the stupid question I am about to ask. What is the total overall width allowed of a sport 40 and the total length. I know about the rule book (IMPBA) just figured answer here would be faster. Thanks...

Without going into the rulebook, I BELIEVE the length is 36" to 40". As far as width, don't know on that one

Sorry for the stupid question I am about to ask. What is the total overall width allowed of a sport 40 and the total length. I know about the rule book (IMPBA) just figured answer here would be faster. Thanks...
SPORTSMAN 40 HYDRO (SPORT 40 HYDRO) (From IMPBA)

A.

Boat Specifications

1. Boat must be inboard powered.

2. Hull must be a three (3)-point hydroplane configuration and resemble a limited or unlimited hydroplane design of past or present, except outrigger, modified outrigger, tunnel, or canard hulls are NOT permitted.

3. Boat must have a name, sponsor's name, logo, and/or a racing number affixed to hull (a local, national, or fictitious sponsor name is acceptable).

4. Hull shall be a minimum of 35 inches and a maximum 40 inches in length.

5. If the bow is recessed behind the tips of the sponsons (i.e. pickle fork design) the recess less canard wings shall be no longer than 25% of the overall length of the boat starting from the sponson tips back. Canard wings individually cannot exceed 3.5 inches in length. Having more than one set of canard wings you are only allowed a total of 5 inches of combined wing length. (Refer to Sport Hull Configuration drawings)

From NAMBA

3. Sport 40 Hydroplane

a. Minimum hull length will be 35”.

Funny, nowhere could I find an overall width.......
default_ph34r.png

Ray,

In the NAMBA rulebook Section 20, pg 2 there are the specs for the classes. The sport 40 body width is 5 1/2 inches and the length is min 35"

Bill Hoch

Stuart, Fl

No requirement as to overall width in namba sport classes. All good questions...

Latest posts

Back