Sport 40 ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertWurster

I am very interested in the Phill Thomas sport 40 I love his boats but im not shure on the engines used in patticular the third channel mixing valve and how it works.or do you have to use one ?and what would be a good choice for power plant ?Nova rossi or mack i have lots of experience with .21 and .18s but none with the bigger boats and engines,Do you guys run 50 to 60 % nitro?Thanx for any advice.

I was told it is hard to find a Mac, The NR that has the 180 manifold will be a tight fit for the pipe. The new NR would be a good fit and the CMB fits great. Just got one. You don't need to use a remote needle that is truly remote,you can use it manually on shore tho. I run 60% in all my boats. Tom

There are a couple SuperSport45 boats being setup with the os46 which is like the novi 45 motor with the 180 header. I have a wider cowl if you would need that.

Check the picture of the cowls on the for sale page. It is the center cowling.

I have Phil Thomas Super Sport 45 with a CMB in it. I have the RS motor in it now but have a newer CMB as my back up.

I use a Cooper pipe. I have not completlty settled on a prop for the boat yet but right now I have a bag X448 on it.

I run 50% nitro in mine.

You really do not need a mixture adjustment (I don’t use them) but those that have them really like em.

Here is a picture of mine. Phil was kind enough to make the 7L cowl for me.

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Phil Thomas Super Sport 45 with a CMB in it. I have the RS motor in it now but have a newer CMB as my back up.

I use a Cooper pipe. I have not completlty settled on a prop for the boat yet but right now I have a bag X448 on it.

I run 50% nitro in mine.

You really do not need a mixture adjustment (I don’t use them) but those that have them really like em.

Grim

I like the tail lights!!!!

I run 50% nitro in mine.

Grim

Tail lights? Those are model rocket exhausts HA

I run 50% nitro in mine.

Grim

I run 50% nitro in mine.

Grim

his left turn blinker is flashing................. :lol: :eek:

The Nova 46 will fit under a turbine cowl with no issues plenty of room

I run 50% nitro in mine.

Grim
I love the look of the 7L cowl , very Kool.

Tim k

Thanx guys .Whats the diff between the cmb .45 vac direct drive,The cmb .45 hr,and the .45 rc?witch is better or worse and why.i will be using one of these cuse or the exaust so i can use the stelth cowl.

Well, the RS is older ( red head), The HR is next, then the newest Bluehead VAC

All are good motors for this boat, just have to find the correct prop and pipe setting.

Does Stu Barr still have parts for the HR and RS? That should influence your decision.

I run VACs in 2 sport 40s. and have run both HR and RS with success, although I preferred the RS for race results, the HR is easier to work on.

Brian

I got 1 of phill's Round nose sport 40 with a .46 nova-rossi in it ~ took some thinking and a custom radiobox but she is in and ready to run ......................

Phill has been a lot of help ~ I call her LITTLE ..MISS TIMEX .... I WILL POST PICTURES LATER.

Rick Reisinger

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a phil ss45 with the wonderful cmb45 purple head and it runs like a champ. At the moment the boat is in the process of being repainted. I bought the boat of here idk how long ago and it runs a x452 and says where's the prop yo! haha.

There are a couple SuperSport45 boats being setup with the os46 which is like the novi 45 motor with the 180 header. I have a wider cowl if you would need that.

Phill

ran little MISS TIMEX last sunday She was fast enough to chase down a thunderboat and she is still rich as a pig..... brakeing the new Nova Rossi .46 AND A IRWIN ~ QUIET PIPE

Awsum boat > OLD SCHOOL COOL <

thank you my freind

Rick R

Phill

ran little MISS TIMEX last sunday She was fast enough to chase down a thunderboat and she is still rich as a pig..... brakeing the new Nova Rossi .46 AND A IRWIN ~ QUIET PIPE

Awsum boat > OLD SCHOOL COOL <

thank you my freind

Rick R
Thats great Rick, post or send me some pictures of your setup with that new motor.

Back