Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@MRacing

I am running a AC sport 40 with a cmb gold head cam what be the best prop to try on it i been running a 450 any suggestions thanks also has anyone tried the m447 and how does that work out Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running a AC sport 40 with a cmb gold head cam what be the best prop to try on it i been running a 450 any suggestions thanks also has anyone tried the m447 and how does that work out Robert
I have been told a 646/3 was the hot ticket in sport 40. Guess your set-up may have something to do with it also . Never did try it so hopefully a veteran can give there input.

Ed

X450/3 with the correct strut & Turn fin tuning can run in the 60 mph range & plenty fast to win most heat races.!!

I have been told a 646/3 was the hot ticket in sport 40. Guess your set-up may have something to do with it also . Never did try it so hopefully a veteran can give there input.

Ed
I ran a worked up X646/3 on a Phil Thomas hull with a stock MAC45 and parabolic pipe, 62mph in heat trim best pass. The MAC's like to rev and that prop was awesome. The CMB gold head has more torque than the MAC45 so try a little extra tip pitch on that X450/2. B)

Thanks guys i have 2 months off from racing so going to do some testing. Robert

It is all about the motor. Torque motor is great with a 1455/2 w pitch. But the Mac/new CMB redhead may need a little less prop. The 450 is a good choice or a 452.

I am running a 1455 on a very light Mutt hull and a CMB RS. At the internats 2007 , I won US-1 and had it at 63 mph in time trials there.

Phil thomas runs his own boat on that 646/3 with a Mac and its is VERY fast.

If you have these prop choices, u won't need any others.

BTW there are no AC boats here, so i have no help for that hull.

Good Luck

Brian

Ed
I ran a worked up X646/3 on a Phil Thomas hull with a stock MAC45 and parabolic pipe, 62mph in heat trim best pass. The MAC's like to rev and that prop was awesome. The CMB gold head has more torque than the MAC45 so try a little extra tip pitch on that X450/2. B)
Don, how do you think a pitched down x452/3 thats back cut would work ??

Andy

Ed

Andy
You'd have to cut the crap out of it, why do all that work? Just pitch the snot out of a x646/3 and hold on! Get a hold of Mark Sholund, he knows what I mean by pitch the snot out of it. The off the corner acceleration on the worked over 646 and shorter pipe length is wicked. B)

Ed

Andy
You'd have to cut the crap out of it, why do all that work? Just pitch the snot out of a x646/3 and hold on! Get a hold of Mark Sholund, he knows what I mean by pitch the snot out of it. The off the corner acceleration on the worked over 646 and shorter pipe length is wicked. B)
Thanks, just curious was all, I had an extra I was gonna let mellon head try :huh:

Andy

Don with the 450 pitching way you are talking should i shorten the pipe more right now it is at 10 1/4

Run good around the corners if it does drop off cant see it by the eye.
Again at what point of the throttle position does it "hit the pipe"? 1/2? 3/4?

Not to intrude on Robert's thread Don, but when you ask at what point does hit the the pipe as far as throttle % goes, what is the thought process or theory there ? Just wondering.... If its late on the pipe as far as throttle % , would you shorten or lengthen the pipe and why ??

Andy

Hits little over half throttle by the way the pipe is a AB parabolic pipe the silver Thats ok Andy good question was wondering myself

Hits little over half throttle by the way the pipe is a AB parabolic pipe the silver Thats ok Andy good question was wondering myself
You could maybe go a little bit shorter. The longer the pipe the sooner it "hits" throttle wise and vice versa as a general rule.

Back