Sport 40 running weight

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the Sport 40s that I have run were Mutt II,and all were close to 8 to 8 1/2 pounds. Dustin

I was curious and I have a Phil Thomas here and it weighs in at 8.14 lbs With a Gold head CMB, without the battery pack and fuel,

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I have and Aeromarine weighting at 9.25 lbs w/battery but no fuel. Seems a little heavy but not sure. Never had one before.

I have and Aeromarine weighting at 9.25 lbs w/battery but no fuel. Seems a little heavy but not sure. Never had one before.
Thats not bad, could be lighter but it will stay on the water better when the wind blows.

I think my boat is over 9 lb too but it has had some repair and repaint done.

Mine weighs like a tank. My boat is 5 pounds heavier then my uncles new sport 40. I need a upgrade!!

Phil, I believe you have the lightest boat and extremely fast and stable IMO.

If I need to shed some oz's to prove it I will :D

I love my Phil Thomas Boat!!!!!!!!!!! Win or not.... IT IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Whiplash comes in at 8 lbs 2 oz ready to run less the fuel. Amazing little boat, just need be careful with left hand corrections (driver's a bit of an idiot).

Most important to understand is that a boat set up for racing can be to light. I had an ultra light Anderson Mutt and learned the hard way along with Mark that it is possible to build a boat too light to race. If you are designing and building your own hull the correct weight can only be determined by hours of testing in real world conditions. If you are racing a proven hull go with what the hull designer suggest , they have 100s if not 1000s of hours in knowing what makes their hull work.

Back