Sport 40 Roundnoise (MTO)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I would love to have another one also. Someone please talk Mark Williamson into making a few. He has all of the MTO molds.

Don :)

Yea, I would love to have another one also. Someone please talk Mark Williamson into making a few. He has all of the MTO molds.

I think hell will freeze over before that happens. Worse still is not only will he not make them, he won't sell the molds either as I know people have tried to buy them. Gee, now THAT really helps the hobby..... <_<

re the MTO rd nose hull, curious about these hulls, could someone provide some info and history ?

i know the question was about a glass rd nose hull but i suggest taking a close look at the garry finlay 1/16 scale jones and karelsen plans. beautiful CAD drawings and easily enlarged to sport 40 size. designed for elec power but using ply instead of balsa and minor structure changes for nitro engine should be relatively easy IF willing to build a wood hull.

i like the simplicity and clarity of the finlay plans and all templates including top and bottom skins are shown. i built the jones hull enlarged 2X, 46 inches, for zen gas power several yrs ago and runs very well.

plans readily available with free dowload and the scale cowls wouldn't be too difficult, buildup clearly shown on the plans. see the rumrunner website.

good luck

I have a NIB (hardware install started and removed before I got it) MTO SP40 roundnose that I might be convinced to part with. I've been saving it, but.........

Includes speedmaster hardware (mini rudder, MM, and strut) and custom MAC/CMB header for underdeck pipe.

Tried to PM, but nothing seems to go through. PM or email to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a NIB (hardware install started and removed before I got it) MTO SP40 roundnose that I might be convinced to part with. I've been saving it, but.........

Includes speedmaster hardware (mini rudder, MM, and strut) and custom MAC/CMB header for underdeck pipe.

Tried to PM, but nothing seems to go through. PM or email to discuss.
I'll take it

Brian

Brian, glad you got this one so soon. Maybe next year we can have more sport-40 races, should be 3 or 4 new ones. Are you going to the nats??

very nice looking hull. scale outline looks very good. i can see why you guys want these to made available again.

sport 40 rd noses would be nice addition to the pickleforks. i think i've only seen one sport 40 rd nose in all of the races i've watched.

thank you for posting photo.

Back