Sport 40 radio box layouts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBryon

I have a Phil Thomas sport 40. Looking for some pictures of the rear radio box layouts with servos in it.

Thanks

BigBryon

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed my radio box in nose and tank under right sponson.Much better layout and most of all the handling of the boat.Did not use the canards.Modified the bottom of hull.Running CMB 45rs/7.5 mac pipe.

Byron i have the rear setup,and to me it was easier than trying to cram everything up front. i will take some pics and put them on here after i get done grillin some dinner .

I went with the rear radio box in my sport 20 and it worked out o-k but on my 40 i am building now i went with what rick did and i think it will run better when it gets low on fuel.IMHO

the 20 gets flighty when the fuel gets low and i had to add weight to the sponsons which works but not pretty.

I would really consider the front box rear or side tank configuration.I too did not use the spoiler/cunards and did the tunnel mod permanantly

Back