Sport 40 props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Looking for help with props for a sport40 / AA45 power and pipe. Running 50% nitro. Time to get it wet. Boat is and Aeromarine sport 40.

Best place to start would be the X450 2 blade. Get the engine broke in, work with the pipe (start long) and then fine tune the prop/s.

When I had that sport 40 the x452/2 worked well, There are many others though like the 450/2,450/3 and i think the x646/2(not sure).

Tim
the 646 wont push no where near as good as a 452 at least that was my experience im actually looking at a h-18 for my ss45

the x450 seems to be a good possible prop on just about every type of midsized vessel

Last edited:
Looking for help with props for a sport40 / AA45 power and pipe. Running 50% nitro. Time to get it wet. Boat is and Aeromarine sport 40.
Running that engine in a new sport-40 (custom built W.O.F) with a AA muffled pipe.

I am right now running a reduced .060" X450/3 Boat has decent speed, and has great throttle-ability.

Just installed a new CMB Nitro pipe in the boat will test it nest weekend, to see if I can gain anything??

Before settling on the reduced X450/3 I tried a X447/3 (which is my best prop on my Thomas SS45 W/ CMB RS45 power) The AA twisted the prop just fine,, but hull speed was WAY down.

Also tried a 646/3 engine pulled it just fine hull had no speed.

I would like to try a X452/2 with the "boost" pitch removed, just don't have one to cut on, to try.

Sorry I should have read your entire question. I don't know your hull . On the Anderson Mutt II I like the 1455 on the AA45

Last edited by a moderator:
Im toying with an H18,455,452,450. love the 450,so far seems an excellent all arounder. The 452 pulls hard. I think I wanna be somewhere between the 452 and the 455 on the PTss45 Ithink im loading around 34/35k.

A Q class power fe motor 7.5 equivalent if there is such thing apx 4 hp but I am running in the same range of props on my sport 40. More k;'s but likely less top end torque.

Mikey I didnt see it was a specific motor he was asking about, so I guess its a scratch.... Sorry. What are the specs of an AA45 . HP and k's?

Last edited:
set up and motor has a lot to do with prop. I like 1455 2 blaes for motors with torque, like Andy said above, the x450 two blade is a great starter choice.

The x450 has excellent balance and runs extremely well on the PTss45 . A Canto x452 is what mine sports now. The H-18 seemed to have more lift than my ss45 needed.

Hugh

Back