Sport 40 engine question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marktrish

I have an older OS 46 VR-M that has only had a few tanks of fuel through it. Engine is like new with a 4e carb. I was wondering if that engine in a Sport 40 hydro would be competitive? If so...I would be interested in buying a used Sport 40 with hardware. Thank you for your help. Mark

Those motors always ran very well. They have been around a long time, but still run hard. They do have a problem with breakage. We did break a few cases with them, and rods failed at times. Depends on how hard you run them.

Those motors always ran very well. They have been around a long time, but still run hard. They do have a problem with breakage. We did break a few cases with them, and rods failed at times. Depends on how hard you run them.
There we have it a new sport 40 racer is born. Welcome to the class! Be sure to pay close attention to the rotor pin on that motor, that was my weak point it always wanted to back out and smack the rod. I hope you find a BEAUTIFUL SHIP TO SAIL with us Happy Boating....Mikey

Back