Sport 40 bottom

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

sport40flatbottom.jpg

I'm using a picture of someelses boat .......... Sorry

I was wondering if the shaded area was removed what effect would it have on the hull . Flat bottom . The reason I'm asking is because I have a Dumas Eagle Sport 40 , for what ever reason I don't have this on the bottom of my boat . Builder is a tunnel guy is the excuse . I can't get it to plan what so ever . It just pushes the nose in and floods the engine and dies . Would this help to get it to plan . It would seem to me it would help hold the nose up .

sport40flatbottom.jpg

I'm using a picture of someelses boat .......... Sorry

I was wondering if the shaded area was removed what effect would it have on the hull . Flat bottom . The reason I'm asking is because I have a Dumas Eagle Sport 40 , for what ever reason I don't have this on the bottom of my boat . Builder is a tunnel guy is the excuse . I can't get it to plan what so ever . It just pushes the nose in and floods the engine and dies . Would this help to get it to plan . It would seem to me it would help hold the nose up .

I assume your talking about the belly pan(drain pan) that they recommend on the Eagle? We always ran the boat with a flat bottom, with no belly pan. We had great success without it. The belly pan should not give you more lift, if anything, will make it harder to launch. You have a problem in your strut/propeller setup, unless you have a ton or weight in the nose. My father had two very fast eagles back in the day. The key for a good run, was a great launch. You could never just drop the boat in the water. Do you have the Steps one the front sponsons like the plans show, or are they shaved off? Shave em'! We always ran a very shallow strut, which made the boat prone to blow off, but did help in launching for sure. Hope this helps some....

Larry Jr.

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

I do have the front radio box set-up . 2 81 - MG servos , rx , battery . Steering servo is in rear of boat at last bulk head .

Notice the lead weights and the wiper blades. Those are there to keep it from flying. The stock hull had way too much angle of attack on the bottom of the hull. Removing this belly pan in my opinion would make it want to fly again by making an larger area to catch the air.

Notice the lead weights and the wiper blades. Those are there to keep it from flying. The stock hull had way too much angle of attack on the bottom of the hull. Removing this belly pan in my opinion would make it want to fly again by making an larger area to catch the air.
What are you using for a prop? pipe length? how deep are the front sponsons? Have you sanded the shine off the sponson bottom and transom? All these play a factor.....

What are you using for a prop? pipe length? how deep are the front sponsons? Have you sanded the shine off the sponson bottom and transom? All these play a factor.....
Props I have tryed are , X 464/3 & X 450. Pipe length not sure . Not having a blowing off problem (yet) can't get it to plane .

Were does the boat balance out at? Should be about the middle of the turn fin

I'd say that much rudder blade would pull/push the bow over.

I'd say cut the blade just below the water inlet and and give it a whirl

Last edited by a moderator:

put the pipe at 10 1/2 put a x447 on it and raise the strut to 7/8 Make sure your turn fin is not sucking it down

put the pipe at 10 1/2 put a x447 on it and raise the strut to 7/8 Make sure your turn fin is not sucking it down
Another thing to do is cut about 1" off the rudder.

Thank You Fellas for your replys , more the better . I now have to get things done and straightened out . Hopefully I'll get it worked out .

Ed Ritchie

Back