sport 40 and sport 20 differences.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys,

Myself and a friend are looking at other boat options.We both have The Miss vegas rtr by aquacraft.

They have a .18 o.s. engine in them and we are happy with how they work.

I also have a phil thomas sport 45 and it is much faster.And although I do not have all the bugs worked out seems as though it will be a lot more boat requiring bigger water and consuming a lot more fuel.

My friend is looking at getting one also so we can run together.

I was just wondering how an actual sport 20 with a decent .21 engine would run compared to the miss vegas and how a good working sport 20 would compare in speed,handling and fuel consumption of a sport 40.

Just trying to decide what would be a good next step fo us to run togther.

Thanks again guys.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, I let a fellow racer run my Miss Vegas in Sport 20 when his crapped out. It was not up to par with even the slowest 20 boat in the heat. The Vegas has the Aqua 18 that has been "woken up" a little on 60%.

My Sport 20 is one of the fastest in the club (at least in a straight line :rolleyes: ) and it does not hold a candle to a sport 40. The 40's will drink the go juice, but my 20 is about 6.5 oz for a 6 lap race and 2min mill/warmup. The Aqua is very sparing on fuel.

The 40's will drink the go juice, but my 20 is about 6.5 oz for a 6 lap race and 2min mill/warmup. The Aqua is very sparing on fuel.
To put this in perspective, my sport 40 holds a little more than 16 ounces and if it goes in the water soon after the clock starts, burns most of it.

I have noticed in only the few times I had my sport 40 out she went through 14 oz of fuel fast and i had not even been able to wind her up due to pond size.

Nitro fuel in my area is not cheap.. <_<

Would a sport 20 be a good "next boat" up from the Miss Vegas.

What sorts of spedds do the sport 20 get when properly setup and very calm or mild chop.

Thanks

Terry

My sport 20 ran 52 mph and burned 6 oz. of fuel in a heat, My sport 40 ran 64mph and used 8 oz to get through a heat. Heat = 2min. start and mill + 6 laps plus a couple of mess around laps afterwards. I carry 8oz in the 20 and 10oz in the 40. Cost wise probably $300 difference. For ease of set up 20 boats in general are probably the toughest to get right.

Back