Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1088

I'm thinking of building a sport 20 . I would like to know what is a good hull for heat racing ?

I'm thinking of building a sport 20 . I would like to know what is a good hull for heat racing ?
In a word they all are. If you like to build Blazer is nice lazer cut wood kit... If you dont like wood Phils 20 is a proven winner.? is how much work do you want to do as both come in about the same price........... Not Seen Bob Tuttles run but i bet is good. Also Mark Bullard makes a fast one

Built one of these sport21's awhile back

It ran fine, just didn't have enough of them traveling to races here in Florida, so I traded it for a **** nice rigger.

Boat was nice looking, alittle different look than the Thomas sport-21 and ran just as well

If you decide on one of these, I can let you know what parts I used to rig it.

could send you some photo's of the build also

http://www.leecraftracing.com/product.htm

In a word they all are. If you like to build Blazer is nice lazer cut wood kit... If you dont like wood Phils 20 is a proven winner.? is how much work do you want to do as both come in about the same price........... Not Seen Bob Tuttles run but i bet is good. Also Mark Bullard makes a fast one
Mark Bullard builds a good sport 21. Wood and Clegisil. Vary light and VARY STRONG. Mine ran close to the record at Huntsville. Tel 256-303-6423. GTT

I built a Blazer Whiplash 20 a while back...what a BEAUTIFUL kit! I think it was 85.00 at the time....40 or 50 dollars for the cowl......runs very well and im super happy with it! If you want to build a wood boat, its a nice way to go!

Thanks to all for the help! What i got out if this is that they are all about the same so i think i'm going with the Whiplash it is more in my price range .Plus i like to build wood boats . Now what would be a good engine to run in it a Nova Rossi or the new Picco?

Thanks to all for the help! What i got out if this is that they are all about the same so i think i'm going with the Whiplash it is more in my price range .Plus i like to build wood boats . Now what would be a good engine to run in it a Nova Rossi or the new Picco?
The CMB Vavola.

Robert

I love the new Novarossi 5 porter that runns around $215.00. But it is one hell of a tight fit for the header. I would go with a CMB with the exhoust that does not require a 180 degree header.

I love the new Novarossi 5 porter that runns around $215.00. But it is one hell of a tight fit for the header. I would go with a CMB with the exhoust that does not require a 180 degree header.
Okay scratch the CMB Valvola...if you can a new .21 motor for 215.00 go with that and make the 180 degree header work. I think someone did a Blazer whiplash .21 sport with that.

Robert

What new Picco?
I was talking about the .21 P7-r EVO3 that they were comming back out with .But forget the Picco where can i get a Nova Rossi for $215.00 . For $215 i,ll make it fit in the Whip.

I was talking about the .21 P7-r EVO3 that they were comming back out with .But forget the Picco where can i get a Nova Rossi for $215.00 . For $215 i,ll make it fit in the Whip.

From Glenn Quarels. He is a member of this site. You can make it fit. I have seen it done.

Phil Thomas has one of the fastest Sport 20`s I have seen race. Novarossi .21 under the hood with a Ops pipe. He will have to tell you what secret prop? Very fast stable heat racer!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

Here's 2 pics of one of my little Whips with a Novarossi in it and with 2 different pipes also, a square pipe and an Irwin. There is room, but it's tight, Or should I say There's just enough room.

The carb will be a bit tricky, but it's well worth it when it's done.

You won't be disappointed AT ALL with the Nova. If you go with the 5 port, you'll have a few extra bucks in your pocket too. That's a good thing these days. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Thomas has one of the fastest Sport 20`s I have seen race. Novarossi .21 under the hood with a Ops pipe. He will have to tell you what secret prop? Very fast stable heat racer!!
Lots of brand X sport20 hydros good for competion.

I have the novi rossi 21 ops pipe set at 3 1/2 and a m440 octura prop.

60 %nitro and like Joe says "let it eat"

Fast enough to win and it will finish the race in all conditions.

Who that GIRL that is always whoopin you? Is it Cheryl? :lol: :lol:

Who that GIRL that is always whoopin you? Is it Cheryl? :lol: :lol:
Oh i forgot Cheryl,, old timers setting in agian. :D

Now Charlie M has a sport 20 IM DOOMED :(

Back