Sport 20 - Scratch Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact Bob Tuttle,Bob is on this forum.

Bob is building a nice sport 20 boat all wood and a firberglass cowl.

Dave Roach

I quess I didn't read it right... I don't sell plans. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I quess I didn't read it right... I don't sell plans. Bob
Bob,

I have my own design that I want to build but I've never stick built a hydro before and need some guidelines to go by. I've been rethinking my plan and I think I'm ditching the sport 20 idea in exchange for a gasser build. Maybe you could give me some ideas on the structure layout. MAybe just a jist a few pics of the frame work from one of your boats just to give me an idea of what the tub/sponson framing should look like.

Travis

Here's some pics, wish I took some more pics, during the build, sport 20 and sport 40.
Nice work! How do you cut your parts? Do you use a mill? I'd like to base my design on a tried and true plan. Do you kow of a good set of example plans I can use? I've decide to go from a sport 20 to a gas hydro. I'm planning to replicate one of the more popular grand prix hull designs. But like i said before this will be my first scratch build and I need some where to start from. Any suggestions?

I found a wood kit that comes with CAD files. It's the whiplash sport 20 from blazer marine. Does anyone know of any other wooden/decked sport 20's available?

Back