Sport 20 questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTTI

Hi, I have a question. I scaled down a set of Roger Newton plans to build a sport 20 size hull. My engine is an OS engines .21 RG-M. My question is what would be a good prop to start with? Also who makes the motor mounts that go through the bottom of the hull rather than mounting to the side rails? (like the one used in the Phil Thomas hulls) thanks in advance.

Looking at the Phil Thomas instructions for his sport 21 he list the Mike Hughes MHardwear, 21 floor mount for the 21 engine.

MH Hardware 4602 S.W.316th place Federal Way, WA. 98023 253- 838-2568

Email [email protected]

I'm also building one and I'm using a Speedmaster Mount But I made my engine rails out of 1/16 angle aluminum worked out real nice.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10242

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Hughs mount works excellent for a floor motor mount. The prop I would use with a mac, would be a 437 three blade or a x536two blade to start, with a Novarossi, a x440 three to start, With either motor I would probably still end up at the end with a 1440 two blade pitched, my two cents, Ken

Back