Sport 20 prop/strut depth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTTI

What is a good starting point for prop/strut depth on a sport 20? It is powered by an os 21.

I ordered speedmaster hardware and man is that stuff great to work with. Very good craftsmanship.

We need to know the make of the hull......as Mark mentioned.....

When I set up a new hull, I find the easiest way to get the strut where I want to start is to set the boat on a flat surface ( My workbench has a glass top), with the turn-fin and rudder off. Set the hull so it sits flat as you think it would run. If there is a flat surface from the rear of the sponsons to the transom, try to get this surface parallel to the top (glass). Drop the strut to the table (glass) and set it so there is about 1/32-1/16" light between the front of the strut and table. This should get you close but you might even have to go deeper.

Hard to tell without knowing more info.....

sorry guys, its scratch built from scaled down Newton plans. I am building the U-4 Pocket Savers Plus hull that steve david drove in 1988. Everything came out great. I have a speedmaster strut. The only issue is that the strut sticks up higher than the transom. That means I will have to trim/cut the strut. I wanted to know what depth the strut should be to start out before I go cutting it up. It will be powered by a OS 21 with mac tunepipe. I ran the tunepipe under the deck and out the transom. I purchased the two props you guys reccommended to me on an early post. I have the cowling and wings built and am almost to the point of putting the decks on. I am very happy, everything turned out good. Its going to look bad on the water.

Yea Do what Duck said to do. You may want to add some weight to the nose too. You will have to see how it runs, try dropping the strut first if it is flighty.

Back