Sport 20 Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert Dygert

I'm looking for a pipe for my sport 20 Phil Thomas hull. I have a 2006 Red head Valvola CMB 21 for power. I've heard good things about the Cooper 21 Pipe and the OPS 3280 but what's the best pipe for a sport 20 hull?

Thanks for the help!!

I'm looking for a pipe for my sport 20 Phil Thomas hull. I have a 2006 Red head Valvola CMB 21 for power. I've heard good things about the Cooper 21 Pipe and the OPS 3280 but what's the best pipe for a sport 20 hull?
Thanks for the help!!
IWhatt I've heard is that the OPS 3280 is good on a Nova Rossi. I've got a Cooper quiet w/ duel stingers for sale for $70 but I would take $60 for it and ship it to your door. But listen to some other people on here before you decide. I've also heard its just preference.

Thanks for the help!!
Lots of PT sport 20 hulls around here and most are running the Cooper.....

Dont use the cooper with the two stinger just because it is hard to get the exhaust hooked up to a extension tube, No exhaust can be leaked inside the cowl or the engine wont run well. The original style cooper is good but a tight fit, you can cut out the floor under the pipe for more clearance.

The ops 20 pipe is very good and a small diameter pipe, easier to fit and you can fit a after muffler to it. A length of thin wall 1/2 inch tube is ok for a extension tube out the transom.

SSP21 with ops pipe

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help!!
Is this a front exhaust motor, exhaust over the fly wheel? If so all those pipes would work ok but we still like the OPS best.

Dick Jones Cooper pipes has a pipe for the .18 but it suppose to scream on a 21 also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back