Sport 20 hull and engine suggestions.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I am looking for suggestions for the sport 20 size hydro hull and engines for a possible winter project.

I am aware of the P/T sport 20 and think they are a good boat, but was wondering what else might be suggested as a good sport boat for the .21 engine class.

My friend and I are looking to buy the same boat and engine combination to build this winter and race against each other for fun next boating season.Different colors of course :rolleyes:

We each have radio gear so would be looking for hardware,hull, engine and pipe.

What would you guys suggest that would not break the bank but still be a godd runner :)

Thanks

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I am building a Whiplash fron Blazer Marine. Very easy to build. If you like building it is a great way to go.

Bob :)

Terry,

The Whiplash with a Valvola 21 & a M-440 propeller will be a nice set up for racing.

On the other hand a Phil Thomas Sport 21 with a 1440 B/C will be a good set up also.

I guess it comes down to wood or fiberglass? :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

I am looking for suggestions for the sport 20 size hydro hull and engines for a possible winter project....
While I don't know how competitive these are, I like the looks of this roundnose, built from Ira Cotton plans. I just ordered a set of the plans from Roy Edenfield in San Diego.

iracottonroundnose1.jpg

iracottonroundnose2.jpg

The Blazer Whiplash kit I've seen also looks very nice; great quality, and well priced too!

Duane

I should have been more specific I am not too interested in build a wooden boat from scratch or kit I would prefer a epoxy glass or fiberglass.

Thanks

Terry

I should have been more specific I am not too interested in build a wooden boat from scratch or kit I would prefer a epoxy glass or fiberglass.

Thanks

Terry
Dean Fritz in St. Louis makes a epoxy glass boat that is really fast. They ran against the Phil Thomas hulls all summer and they are at least as fast as Phil's. They are also stable on the water. e-mail me and I'll give you his phone.

Back