Sport 20 fuel tank placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Alright guys, help me out here. How critical is fuel tank placement as far as right side vs left side. In my proto sport 20 i really dont have alot of room on the right side of the boat. I can get a custom tank made to fit the left side of the hull, and keep it in front of the rear of the ride pad. How will this effect the handling of the boat? Will it make it do funny things in the corners? The only options I have are left side in front of the COB, or behind the motor and stuffing tube, towards the very back end of the boat. I would say no more then 10 inches from the back. I would think this would be the worst place to put the fuel. Let me know what you guys think.

Rodney

You what the tank on the right side on a sport 20 to keep weight on the right side.You should have it on the balance point of the boat with it artr.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really have that option. Pipe and pushrods run down the right side. Its either left side, on/in front of the CG or behind the motor/stuffing tube in the back of the boat.

Behind the motor and stuffing tube works good also. As long as you have the balance point just behind the sponsons.

Buddy

That's an 8oz tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodney

You what the tank on the right side on a sport 20 to keep weight on the right side.You should have it on the balance point of the boat with it artr.

Dave
I agree Rod if your racing right turn definately bias to the right side even your drive line if its not too late. Though I doubt you will have handling issue with that hull either way. If your leaning one way or another go right lol. Id like to see the arno boat fe too, it looks like it would make an awesome p- LSH.

hugh

Last edited:
Back