SPEEDMASTER HARDWARE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Anyone know if Speed Master has a website, or a stocking dealer that handles Speed Master hardware with a website? Thanks

Anyone know if Speed Master has a website, or a stocking dealer that handles Speed Master hardware with a website? Thanks
What are you looking for I might have it. I buy direct from Ross. jw
I am building a couple of 1/8 scale hydros. I need complete hardware setups for both. Turn fins, rudders, struts for 3/16" shaft, bushings, and anything else you can think of. I am getting all my parts lined up first. In particular the boats are the 1977 and 1982 Atlas Van lines. PM me with a list of what you have. Thanks.

Mark,

Due to the size of 1/8 scale boats, and the power of today's engines, I would recommend 1/4" shafts, stepped down to 3/16"

Also, what hulls are you using? Some hulls prefer different setups than others, and knowing what hulls you are using will help.

Maybe this package would work for you though

http://www.accu-techrchardware.com/rcboatscalehydro.html

Let me know if I can help you out

I am building a couple of 1/8 scale hydros. I need complete hardware setups for both. Turn fins, rudders, struts for 3/16" shaft, bushings, and anything else you can think of. I am getting all my parts lined up first. In particular the boats are the 1977 and 1982 Atlas Van lines. PM me with a list of what you have. Thanks.
Mark I would contact Ross @ Speedmaster Hardware I will forward a ph number. he has years of experience & can get you the correct hardware. You will want a Dick Tyndall turn fin. ( Just any ole Turn fin wont get the JOB done). You do need to know where the hardware location is going to be to get the correct Hardware. Most mfgers have a print to show location & type of hardware.

Mark,

Due to the size of 1/8 scale boats, and the power of today's engines, I would recommend 1/4" shafts, stepped down to 3/16"

Also, what hulls are you using? Some hulls prefer different setups than others, and knowing what hulls you are using will help.

Maybe this package would work for you though

http://www.accu-techrchardware.com/rcboatscalehydro.html

Let me know if I can help you out
Yes I want to use the 1/4 shaft stepped down to 3/16. The 1982 Atlas is an old Dumas kit. It will be my first build, and I am using it as a learning / training platform, and I have looked at the accu-tech hardware. The 1977 Atlas will come a little later, it is a laser cut kit from Mike Luszcz.They will both have K&B .67 power.

Mark I would contact Ross @ Speedmaster Hardware I will forward a ph number. he has years of experience & can get you the correct hardware. You will want a Dick Tyndall turn fin. ( Just any ole Turn fin wont get the JOB done). You do need to know where the hardware location is going to be to get the correct Hardware. Most mfgers have a print to show location & type of hardware.
I do not know anything about a Dick Tyndall turnfin. I do know about Speed Master hadware as it all i have used for the last several boats I have built. See the reply I sent to Georgia Scale Boater also.

Latest posts

Back