SP 20 Strut Depth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I know it has been pposted here, but searches came up empty. I am reworking a SP 20 hull (home made) and would like a starting depth for the strut. I run a AC Sp40 and a Dumas 1/8 scale but this is the first SP20 so I dont' have much knowledge.

Thanks

That is a very hull dependent thing. A good place to start though is to take the prop off, set the boat on a flat surface resting on the strut and the back of the sponsons. Set the strut so the boat is at the attitude you want it to ride on the water. Keep it flat and work with the depth. If the boat is too loose (blows over) then drop the strut strait down. If it rocks up on the sponsons tips move it strait up. Always make these adjustments while the prop is off and the boat is sitting on that flat surface so you can keep the strut flat. If you end up with any angle you will end up with the boat fighting the prop, either trying to push the stern up or under the water. Of course you need a prop with the right amount of lift. The prop is also key to boat ride.

Thanks Eric. I was looking at starting with a 437/3 blade and moving up from there to 440or a 14xx series.

Latest posts

Back