Someone is going to be very disappointed......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't notice the coupler. i wonder how many runs that will last. Did the Miller ever run that hull? I know it was the Miss Circus Circus. Look like a nice paint job on it. I almost bid on it when it was a about $200. glad i didn't.

Miller ran a Lucero Hull.

Circus is a Jones sponson setup, depending on the year.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
It ran two races in 88 as the Miller High Life but it would have to have the pointier Lucero sponsons. By the way did you see the Gas ProBoat Bud done up in Squire Shop graphics and colors that was on Ebay a while back?

Funny thing is I think I recognized the graphics......UGH!

Ok I'm just trying to get rid of a couple of duplicate posts here. Can't figure out what happened.

Don,

I am not a scale expert, so what makes this boat illegal? Just curious.

David

That hull with a couple rather minor mods will also do the white & gold Miller High Life. B)
dON,

WHERE DID HE GET THAT COWL, LOOKS LIKE A cIRCUS-cIRCUS COWLING??

OOOPPPSSS, Cap button was on lock.

What other changes besides paint need to be done?

And is it only the gold Miller boat or does it do other versions.......my pal was gonna bid. I told him if he won it, sanded it himself I'd paint it for him.

That hull with a couple rather minor mods will also do the white & gold Miller High Life. B)
dON,

And is it only the gold Miller boat or does it do other versions.......my pal was gonna bid. I told him if he won it, sanded it himself I'd paint it for him.
Circus & Miller High Life. B)

the auction is now being battled out by a "non-paying bidder" w/negative feedback for a boat he didn't pay for, and a "newbie" w/zero feedback. :wacko: :wacko:

Dumas hulls are fair running boats. No need for change. Looks like a good looking boat and good entry to Sport 60 or Sport X at the Nats or District 19.

There may be people out their that want real looking boats to run no matter what class it is.

dON,

Yikes. So I made a rookie misatake. I'm the sucker that bought the boat. If I change the cowling to the correct Miller American style, do I then become legal?

OR--Is ther an alternative design for this boat besides the Miller or Circus?

Yikes. So I made a rookie misatake. I'm the sucker that bought the boat. If I change the cowling to the correct Miller American style, do I then become legal?

Hi Doug-

Do you run NAMBA or IMPBA? If you're NAMBA you can run in Sport 60 or sport X if you drop an 80 size motor in it. If you run IMPBA it is legal in E (60) hydro or F (80 & up) hydro, with a motor change, as it sits. To run in 1/8 scale in either org. it will need to get a different paint scheme & also a clear windshield with a driver figure inside. It looks to be a nice paint job, just not a legal scale unlimited as it sits.

You also need to do something about the huge gap between the pipe & header, should be no more than a 1/4" to keep from blowing the coupler out.

Hi Doug-

Do you run NAMBA or IMPBA? If you're NAMBA you can run in Sport 60 or sport X if you drop an 80 size motor in it. If you run IMPBA it is legal in E (60) hydro or F (80 & up) hydro, with a motor change, as it sits. To run in 1/8 scale in either org. it will need to get a different paint scheme & also a clear windshield with a driver figure inside. It looks to be a nice paint job, just not a legal scale unlimited as it sits.

You also need to do something about the huge gap between the pipe & header, should be no more than a 1/4" to keep from blowing the coupler out.

But what paint scheme wouold this hull be legal with?

Could I run it as an 85 Miller American if I get the correct coweling?

Hi Doug-

But what paint scheme wouold this hull be legal with?

Could I run it as an 85 Miller American if I get the correct coweling?
Circus Circus or the Miller High Life. It would need more than the cowling to do the '85 Miller correctly.

Back