Smokin joes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Ballard

Looking for a paint code for the smokin joes yellow. Don't want to do the neon. Talked to Don, but the PPG code he had is "discontinued" according to PPG. Any help would be gratefully appreciated! Any one know how close the klass kote yellow is?

Do you have the color code for that yellow? I can check with one of my local auto paint supply houses to see if there's something they can come up with since they mix the colors on site

Find a good picture of the boat and take it to a paint shop

And see if they can take a picture with the paint code camera

and see if they can match it that way iam not sure it will

work but it is worth a try

I know I took a painted wing for my Elam to a shop and they matched the white to a specific manufacturer AND color name. IF you have a large enough picture AND the color is accurate to the real boat(some films don't record all colors accurately, most don't under specific conditions like florescent tubes), there is a good chance they can match it up

Sorry I am late getting back, work got me busy again. Soon as I get back to shop I will get that color code. PPG told me that it was a toner color that was discontinued. To match it they would have to custom mix at factory = high dollar. May have to go the neon route. Just didn't want to. As far as matching a picture I have thought of that. I have never seen the real boat so I have not a clue as to what picture is a good representation of the real color. I know they can be deceiving, like the Winston looking red and pictures taken in bad lighting.

Latest posts

Back