Smokin' Joe's Lobster?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVAC25000

Sorry if it's been discussed before guys.

Could someone explain this to me?

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/3739819

Every story I've read says that the Winston Lobster was turned into a conventional hull. I also heard that that same hull blew over and was destroyed later in its Winston life.

So, did Smokin' Joe's build another Lobster just for display?

Chris

That hull used to be hung at the Race Rock in Detriot before they closed it. To my knowledge,everything that was there was authentic.

All the items were auctioned off on E-Bay by the auction co. after the last Race Rock closed.

They even had a 40' Skater that Pete donated for an awning over the entrance way outside in Detroit.

Cool place.

But I'm sure someone here knows the SJs history. I don't

Last edited by a moderator:
That 40' Skater is also in the list of stuff.. It has the selling price on some of that stuff at $1, I wonder if that stuff did actually sell for a $1? If so, there was some neat stuff that went cheap!

Sorry, this is just a display boat not a real race boat. You are correct that the real boat was cnverted to a more conventional boat.

Look closely at the cockpit area and you can see a lack of interior as well as I don't think it even opens.

Well, lets see if I can get it straight.

2 Winston Eagle Lobster boats built, the one that was at Bobby Moores Race Rock Cafe is the first one, later moved it down to Orlando, repainted as the Smokin Joes (never ran as Smokin Joes as a real boat), the second hull (8910) later became the Winston Select hull (9210) which was a conventional pickle fork hull, the Smokin Joes (96), Appian Jeronimo (2000), Emcor stable until 2004. The Winston crew worked on the hull during the season at race sites, adding hardware and finishing touches throughout the year.

Well, lets see if I can get it straight.2 Winston Eagle Lobster boats built, the one that was at Bobby Moores Race Rock Cafe is the first one, later moved it down to Orlando, repainted as the Smokin Joes (never ran as Smokin Joes as a real boat), the second hull (8910) later became the Winston Select hull (9210) which was a conventional pickle fork hull, the Smokin Joes (96), Appian Jeronimo (2000), Emcor stable until 2004. The Winston crew worked on the hull during the season at race sites, adding hardware and finishing touches throughout the year.

Ah. I had no idea there was 2 built.

Thanks for the info! I was going out of my mind with curiosity.

Well, lets see if I can get it straight.2 Winston Eagle Lobster boats built, the one that was at Bobby Moores Race Rock Cafe is the first one, later moved it down to Orlando, repainted as the Smokin Joes (never ran as Smokin Joes as a real boat), the second hull (8910) later became the Winston Select hull (9210) which was a conventional pickle fork hull, the Smokin Joes (96), Appian Jeronimo (2000), Emcor stable until 2004. The Winston crew worked on the hull during the season at race sites, adding hardware and finishing touches throughout the year.

Ah. I had no idea there was 2 built.

Thanks for the info! I was going out of my mind with curiosity.
Chris, I'll send you pictures of the Canard E-Lam (9404).

jw

Back