Smokin Joe's Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to actually buy the files for smokin joe's graphics. Will cut myself. Any idea of who may have them for purchase?

Thanks,

Chris
Most of the S/J graphics out there are not entirely correct. I worked extensively with one graphics person to help correct his files when I did mine. I doubt very seriously you will find anyone who will share that file, right or wrong as it is a pain in the you know what to do. Anyone who puts the effort into that graphics file won't want to give it up. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
As one who does graphics....my opinion is to just pay for a set with a few extras. For the amount of time I have into tweaking and making things as accurate as possible you wouldn't like what you would have to pay for source files. Especially at $85 an hour for design time and numerous hours into just one set. I just made a new set the other night for a boat much less involved than the Joe's and I spent 5 hours just on that. Besides, the Joe's it a LOT of assembly time if you do it all in cut vinyl. The checkerboard scarves are much better printed on one layer of vinyl. Plus they are easier to work with when applying.

Last edited by a moderator:
As one who does graphics....my opinion is to just pay for a set with a few extras. For the amount of time I have into tweaking and making things as accurate as possible you wouldn't like what you would have to pay for source files. Especially at $85 an hour for design time and numerous hours into just one set. I just made a new set the other night for a boat much less involved than the Joe's and I spent 5 hours just on that. Besides, the Joe's it a LOT of assembly time if you do it all in cut vinyl. The checkerboard scarves are much better printed on one layer of vinyl. Plus they are easier to work with when applying.
Hay Mike, I just finished a rare Oberto set for a guy in florida and it took me 3 1/2 hours to do, stripes and all. I charged $95. Figure that per hour! on top of that, it was for a specific boat hull, so I will probably never make another set like them again. Thats OK though, I'll never be rich but boy I'm having fun. Thats all that matters right?

HAy Mike, I just finished a rare Oberto set for a guy in florida and it took me 3 1/2 hours to do, stripes and all. I charged $95. Figure that per hour! on top of that, it was for a specific boat hull, so I will probably never make another set like them again. Thats OK though, I'll never be rich but boy I'm having fun. Thats all that matters right?

I know the guy. 84 Oberto right? I borrowed a Phil Thomas hull from a friend and did the set but he never emailed me back. Took me about an hour and a half. I already had the Oberto graphics I just needed to measure out the striping. Oh well....I've got em if I ever need em I guess.

HAy Mike, I just finished a rare Oberto set for a guy in florida and it took me 3 1/2 hours to do, stripes and all. I charged $95. Figure that per hour! on top of that, it was for a specific boat hull, so I will probably never make another set like them again. Thats OK though, I'll never be rich but boy I'm having fun. Thats all that matters right?

I know the guy. 84 Oberto right? I borrowed a Phil Thomas hull from a friend and did the set but he never emailed me back. Took me about an hour and a half. I already had the Oberto graphics I just needed to measure out the striping. Oh well....I've got em if I ever need em I guess.

Thanks Mike, for the decals for my new 1980 Miss Bud. They Look great!!!!!!!! :D Doug/ DPS Racing Hulls Madison In.

Last edited:

Hay Mike, E-mail me and let me know who it is. If it is the same guy and he ows you for lay-up I won't send him anything till you are paid. It's a courtesy I extend to any graphics company.

It's no biggie Wes. Don't sweat it. I never made the graphics I just had the source files ready to go. He was under a time crunch anyway and I was a little to close for comfort for him I think so if you were able to accomodate him then all is well. I was knee deep in jobs with a race trailer to do and a couple of corporate jobs plus the boats I already had waiting anyway. I told him I needed to get a hold of an 82U55 to get the dimensions for the striping and I got one sooner than expected. but that's ok. I've got to finish the boats I have on the list now. Thanks for the courtesy Wes.

It's no biggie Wes. Don't sweat it. I never made the graphics I just had the source files ready to go. He was under a time crunch anyway and I was a little to close for comfort for him I think so if you were able to accomodate him then all is well. I was knee deep in jobs with a race trailer to do and a couple of corporate jobs plus the boats I already had waiting anyway. I told him I needed to get a hold of an 82U55 to get the dimensions for the striping and I got one sooner than expected. but that's ok. I've got to finish the boats I have on the list now. Thanks for the courtesy Wes.
Your welcome. It was the same guy! Small world hu. If i get stiffed I'll let you know.

Back