Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
I just received news that our long time friend and OWMBC member Bob Kirt passed away yesterday.

Bob was a member of our club since 1970. He always had a great passion for the hobby. He was always involved in club activities and was the key person in getting us our nice pond at Spencer Park to hold our race every year. Bob was a great representation of what the hobby is about in regards to creating friendships, participation in club events, promotion of the hobby, you name it. He never had a bad thing to say about anybody. He may have never set any records, but was a great model boater.

There is no news yet on any arrangements.

Our prayers go out to Rosemary and the Kirt family. Bob was a great guy. It was a n honor to know him.

God speed Bob you will be missed.

Kevin & Shannon

Mike, I could not have defined Bob better then what you have. All his efforts on the part of the model boating and IMPBA were rewarded with an Honorary Membership to the OWMBC.Bob and I were real good friends since the early 1970's. Bob's battle with Parkinsons had kept him from racing for the past number of years, but his enthusiasm for the hobby never changed. Like me, Bob never cared for record trials but really enjoyed competing in heat racing events. Bob will be missed by myself and the many friends that he made and people he influenced during his lifetime. Jerry Betke

Here is a copy of the arrangements that I received:

Good evening,

Thank you for keeping Bob and Rosemary in your thoughts and prayers.

Please see below for information regarding the funeral arrangements for Bob. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via phone/text at 865-356-9654 or email at [email protected]

Thursday, March 31st 2016

The visitation and scripture service for Bob Kirt will be held Thursday, March 31 from 5:00-9:00 p.m.

at the Potere-Modetz Funeral Home in Rochester. The Scripture Service will begin at 7:00 p.m.

Potere-Modetz Funeral Home

339 Walnut Boulevard

Rochester, MI 48307

Friday, April 1st 2016

The Funeral Mass will be held at St. Andrew Catholic Church in Rochester, on Friday morning at 10:00 a.m., with the body lying in state at beginning at 9:30 a.m.

St. Andrew Catholic Church
1400 Inglewood

Rochester, MI 48307

​For additional information and direct links to google maps and addresses for the Visitation at the Funeral Home, Mass at St. Andrew Catholic Church and Guardian Angel Cemetery please click on the link below.

[SIZE=11pt]http://www.modetzfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=832693#/obituaryInfohttp://www.modetzfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=832693#/obituaryInfo[/SIZE]

Memorial Contributions:

In lieu of flowers, the family instead suggests for a donation to be made to:

THE KIRT FOUNDATION [SIZE=9pt][501©3 non-profit][/SIZE]
Students Helping Students Literacy Program

The Kirt Foundation
c/o Donald C. Harms
37899 Twelve Mile Rd
Suite 300
Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3026

Bob will be missed. He really enjoyed his 40 and 60 riggers. He was a great mentor as well. When I joined the Oakland Wolverine club Bob worked with me in my early years of racing.

Rest in Peace my friend!!!

Bert Dygert

Back