shovel hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Slater

Supporting Member
A while back a bunch of you guys don't remember names was designing a shovel 21 hydro

what ever happened to that was it ever finished

how did it run

how about plans for it

thank you

Marty

A while back a bunch of you guys don't remember names was designing a shovel 21 hydro what ever happened to that was it ever finished

how did it run

how about plans for it

thank you

Marty

LOL! Ran out of boats to build already eh Marty? Still a long winter ahead of you man! Better slow down! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The plans for this boat is in the free plns secton. I had my son take them to his drafting class and print out full sized plans but have not done anything with them yet.

Bob

Hey Marty, if you're looking for some shovel nose sport 20 plans, you may want to try & get some from Ira Cotton.

Duane

I don't believe he's on the forum, but looking through the archives, his number shows up as: 619-229-2196. Not sure how easy his plans are to get, but I've got a sport 20 someone else had built from Ira's plans, and it's pretty cool. I just added a couple of pictures of it in the gallery.

Duane

marty, downloading them does us no good. I dont have a plotter to get them to the size you need, so it doesnt do me any good to dl them.

I found a shovel nose in kit form at climate models.com you should be able to make that nitro .

Ed

Rodney cant i take them to copy works an have them blown up

next time you are over you will have to show me how to look at the plans section

Thank you Ed but just looking for plans thanks to JD an Mark S this building from plans is pretty cool

Marty

Marty, have a look in HERE. It's the yellow/red one. I've seen two versions built from Ira's plans; a round nose, and a chisel nose... I guess either one could be called a "shovel", but not sure. Anyway, if I ever get the plans I ordered, I'll build one myself. I got that yellow/red one from Jerry Muro, and think he may have built it.

Duane

Marty send me a PM with your phone number.I have Ira cotton plans for the chisel nose and the round nose. I also have the rear cowl for the boat.

Kevin Sheren

Marty send me a PM with your phone number.I have Ira cotton plans for the chisel nose and the round nose. I also have the rear cowl for the boat.
Kevin Sheren
Kevin, I'd like a set...! Either round or chisel...

If Marty only takes one set, I'd be happy to buy the other... I tried buying a set from Roy Edenfield with poor results (still has my check, some 3 months later).

I haven't yet been able to contact Ira either.

Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
When I built the boat Ira was a great help,no problem getting the plans,the cowl on the other hand from Roy was a waiting game,be patient all good things come to those who wait.Easier said then done though,especially when it comes to boating. Jerry

By the way what size is the chisel nose hull you have plans of as the ones I got from Ira are for a scale size O-boy.

Back