Seaducer 90/100 engine position

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Inverarity

Supporting Member
I am setting up a 90/100 Seaducer and have been told that it is very important to get the engine as low as possible in the hull. The engine rails in my boat are offset to the port (left) side. The engine would be at its lowest position when at the bottom of the vee, but due to the offset rails the engine sits a bit higher because it is off to the left side of the boat. I presume the rail offset is deliberate to get the engine weight off to the left to counteract prop torque somewhat.

So the question is this: Should I use the various mount spacers to put the engine in the middle of the vee to get it lower, or should I leave the spacers even so the engine is in the middle of the rails and offset to the left of the vee? :unsure:

Ian.

I am setting up a 90/100 Seaducer and have been told that it is very important to get the engine as low as possible in the hull. The engine rails in my boat are offset to the port (left) side. The engine would be at its lowest position when at the bottom of the vee, but due to the offset rails the engine sits a bit higher because it is off to the left side of the boat. I presume the rail offset is deliberate to get the engine weight off to the left to counteract prop torque somewhat.

So the question is this: Should I use the various mount spacers to put the engine in the middle of the vee to get it lower, or should I leave the spacers even so the engine is in the middle of the rails and offset to the left of the vee? :unsure:

Ian.
Ian on Ryans 21 i used the suplied mounts and they were equal. Dont know if this is the same as the 90!

Carbon has just arrived today!!!!

seeya

Dave

Ian, that's a very good question. I discussed the issue with Jerry and he said that indeed they are offsetting the rails to the left in the 90/100 boat. If you center the engine to the keel using shims then you defeat the purpose of the offset rails. I centered the engine to the rails which forced me to move the motor a fraction upward like you said. I hope I got it right, have not run it yet, I am still rigging it.

JOSE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

centre mounting dosent seem to slow any of mine down at all

nice and stable with centre side to side balance ..

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Back