Scale Windshield(Blue Blaster)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

Redoing my Scale Canopy looking for a source for the wraparound Windshield(Blue Blaster)Blue Tint please help!

Redoing my Scale Canopy looking for a source for the wraparound Windshield(Blue Blaster)Blue Tint please help!
I have a pattern for the windshield and some .040 clear plastic It does have a blue tint protective covering. I guess you could leave on or use some dye to tint it blue.

Brodak dope

I find the easiest way to tint is to sand the part with 2000 grit wet/dry paper. Then spray with blue dope that I use with an undercoat of gold or silver for candy colors. The dope is made by Brodak and is called candy blue. It is very opaque and the lighter you spray, the lighter the tint. It does not take much to get the tint. Only spray the inside and when your done you need to clear it along with the boat. It can be done when mounted on the boat or separately from the hull. Here is a picture of my Miss US with the blue tinted windshield....

Thanks for your input guys, if i cant find blue plex i guess ill have to tint it.

I'd aways used 2 liters pop bottles for windows on my boats...cheap and easy to make..Just make a card board temp then trace it out on to the pop bottle...My boyfriend Joe did that to his 1/8 scale proboat..I did that to my Oberto2.too..

Back