scale servos whats everyone using

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Whats everyone using for steering servos? How much torque is needed to turn a 15 lb scale input please

:) good price Hitec HS-925MG( 107 oz@6 volts) or HS-945MG (153 oz@6 volts) both metal gear for great scale. ;)

:) good price Hitec HS-925MG( 107 oz@6 volts) or HS-945MG (153 oz@6 volts) both metal gear for great scale. ;)
I think the 925 is a digital im not so impressed with them yet i figured anything over 100 oz should work but had to ask

I think the 925 is a digital im not so impressed with them yet i figured anything over 100 oz should work but had to ask
Not digital only coreless number 3 if number 4 simple HS-5625 yes digital servos

Last edited by a moderator:
I've installed in my scale the futaba S9151 at 131.9 oz-in,at 4.8volts, size 1.57-0.79-1.44 inAnd has worked with no worries in turning and holding the boat in turns And it is a digital servo.Some would call a little overkill but I know the darn thing will turn and hold the turns the same in every corner. :D

:ph34r: I heard that TOP of Hitec New titanium servos very powerful strenght HSC-5955G (250oz@ 4.8volts /0.19 sec or 333oz@ 6volts)/0.15 sec size 1.6x0.8x1.4in(40mmx20mmx37mm) all titanium alloy gears and one piece plastic gear I dont know how much price?$ I never try get one. :huh: B)

I'm considering using a JR Z650 for the steering dutys on my Dumas 1/8 Atlas Van Lines.it has 142.00 oz/in @ 6.0v,60° speed: .17 sec @ 6.0v. That should be plenty right?

I'm considering using a JR Z650 for the steering dutys on my Dumas 1/8 Atlas Van Lines.it has 142.00 oz/in @ 6.0v,60° speed: .17 sec @ 6.0v. That should be plenty right?
That is the servo I've got in my boat and so far no problems. It has good torque, speed and good price. The only problem I've got is that I had to set the strut so deep that I've not got alot of rudder left in the water. Is there anyone out there that has an aluminum stretcher.

My 18 pound 1982 Pay n' Pak built in 1987 has raced from the San Diego Model Yaght puddle to similar size ponds in Maine and nowhere in between, with a 1980's vintage Futaba standard steering servo with not a hint of steering trouble. My guess is the servo probably punches out 40 oz in of torque at best. I could probably drive my V8 powered tournament water ski boat with the high torque servos that are being used today.

:ph34r: I heard that TOP of Hitec New titanium servos very powerful strenght HSC-5955G (250oz@ 4.8volts /0.19 sec or 333oz@ 6volts)/0.15 sec size 1.6x0.8x1.4in(40mmx20mmx37mm) all titanium alloy gears and one piece plastic gear I dont know how much price?$ I never try get one. :huh: B)
im using one of those Hitechs (and one with less torque) in my gas mono (rudder and tabs) , hideous amounts of power , certainly over kill , but for the money difference to the lesser torque i figured they would never be pushed hard in there life and therefore live longer, i paid $165 AU each for them , so about 115 US? not the cheapest but i was on a time limit to find them too

the pushrod will be the thing to bend or fail , no one thats tried has been able to over power that servo once its powered up :)

im using one of those Hitechs (and one with less torque) in my gas mono (rudder and tabs) , hideous amounts of power , certainly over kill , but for the money difference to the lesser torque i figured they would never be pushed hard in there life and therefore live longer, i paid $165 AU each for them , so about 115 US? not the cheapest but i was on a time limit to find them too

the pushrod will be the thing to bend or fail , no one thats tried has been able to over power that servo once its powered up :)
;) Thanks for Information Allan

I use Hitec 705MG in my gas boats... have for 2 years in 10 boats with no failures to date.

but I dont know if you can use a large 1/4 scale servo due to size...

I understand Hitec just discontinued this servo...

Ive got about 20 or so in stock. Maybe time to take them off the website and bogart them

Bryan "Big B" Robinson

NAMBA 443 - Dist 19

http://RCBoatParts.com

Back