scale radio boxs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVALTD

Supporting Member
Does anybody know of a reliable source that makes long narrow radio boxs for scales boats. The long narrow box allows the pipe to laydown in the hull. Also in front of engine radio boxs that fit Valasco hulls. Thanks DAN

Does anybody know of a reliable source that makes long narrow radio boxs for scales boats. The long narrow box allows the pipe to laydown in the hull. Also in front of engine radio boxs that fit Valasco hulls. Thanks DAN
I dont know if you mess with wood or not, but i make mine from 1/16th plywood with a 1/8th inch ply floor.....pretty simple and inexpensive to build! I made mine so i could get the pipe to lay down in both my PT sport 40 and 1/8th scale boats.....

I dont know if you mess with wood or not, but i make mine from 1/16th plywood with a 1/8th inch ply floor.....pretty simple and inexpensive to build! I made mine so i could get the pipe to lay down in both my PT sport 40 and 1/8th scale boats.....
Dan, I'm with Bill on this one. Better to make your own, I have a Velasco hull in the paint shop now-side radio box is all 1/16 ply and lid is 1/16 Lexan. If you would like a couple pictures/dimentions e-mail [email protected] .

Dan, I'm with Bill on this one. Better to make your own, I have a Velasco hull in the paint shop now-side radio box is all 1/16 ply and lid is 1/16 Lexan. If you would like a couple pictures/dimentions e-mail [email protected] .
Phil Thomas make a nice narrow radio box about 2x7" or so. Drop him a PM PThomas here.

1/16th ply, epoxy, 3/4oz cloth
Rick, do you glass yours just on the outside?? Reason why im asking is ive never glassed any of my radio boxes and ive honestly never had ANY issues to speak of...BUT i am building a wood box for my PaynPak and im considering glassing it...cant make stuff too strong for that class!!

1/16th ply, epoxy, 3/4oz cloth
Rick, do you glass yours just on the outside?? Reason why im asking is ive never glassed any of my radio boxes and ive honestly never had ANY issues to speak of...BUT i am building a wood box for my PaynPak and im considering glassing it...cant make stuff too strong for that class!!
Bill yes, just glass cloth on the outside.

Usually I will mix resin up, pour it inside & rotate the box around to get all of the corners & seams, then remove the excess resin.

Aquacraft (Tower) has a nice narrow wood box availabe as a spare part for the Top Speed 2. I've used several for scale boats and they work real well for that application when the pipe runs along side under the cowl.

here's the part number: tower AQUB8602

they're in stock for 8.99

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...LXMNF8&P=SM

gh

Aquacraft (Tower) has a nice narrow wood box availabe as a spare part for the Top Speed 2. I've used several for scale boats and they work real well for that application when the pipe runs along side under the cowl.

gh
Now, that looks like the deal there, will have to look @ the measurements & see how it would fit in my last build

Dan, I will let you know

gh
Now, that looks like the deal there, will have to look @ the measurements & see how it would fit in my last build

Dan, I will let you know
Yep....ive even got a TS 2...didnt even think bout that....for 8 or 9 bucks, I dont think i could build one myself that cheap!

gh
Looks like a little coffin, nice work........

After looking at the offer from Tower ,how do you justify the labor and cost

of materials and time making your own when you can get a radio box like that for the cost.

Thanks for all of the replys. DAN

Back