Scale Quits Running, Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Boyle

Last week I posted this: "Hi I'm trying to get my nitro scale boat running without quitting and I would love to get some suggestions. I have 67 MAC, stock carb, Andy Brown Pipe at 11 1/2" (center of cylinder to weld), 86 Squire Shop that weighs about 18lbs., two Sullivan 10 oz. Flex tanks, 5/32" tubes in tanks, 5/32" large fuel line through out. Here's the problem- Boat will not keep running more than about 3-4 laps and then dies like it gets very lean. The tank closest to the carb is still full the 2nd tank is about half full when it dies. I have replaced the entire fuel system, tanks, lines, etc several times. I have a OS 9B carb that I was thinking about bolting on to maybe solve my problem. Also I am running a 1455 prop in San Diego salt water."

Here's an update. First of all I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions.

Installed OS9B Carb, 2 new fuel tanks and put gun foam under carb. Also checked to ensure no water leaks: Boat still dies after 3-4 laps.

Swapped out large fuel line for medium fuel from exhaust to 1st tank: Boat still died.

Installed 3rd, 1 ounce fuel tank and moved pipe to 11 3/4". Problem solved! Boat emptied all 3 tanks. I have been working on this problem for months. Now I can race the boat in two weeks at Legg Lake! Thanks everyone and especially Bob (who has helped me at the pond over the last couple months). If anyone wants more details (# lines, sizes, etc.) I would be happy to share. See you at the races. Neil

Latest posts

Back