Scale motor...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Liddycoat

I need to get a 67 with pipe for my new scale I've been out of the loop a while what is the best combo?

Thanks

Scott Liddycoat

CMB HR67 is the only current choice for an engine. The CMB pipe is a good one. I run a K67 which is simular. Al Hobbs on here has a new pipe out AA90 that is a great pipe as well. All of these do not require a add on muffler. Contact Stu Barr on here for the engine and All Hobbs for the pipe. John

Hey Scott,

The CMB 67 HR (Green head) is presently the only available new engine with parts support in today's market place.

• For tuned pipe options, I would add: the CMB large volume pipe which will require a tip muffler available through www.rumracingproducts.com
  • CMB makes a muffled marine pipe similar to the one in pic marked 'Russian pipe' that is also a good choice. The CMB pipe is black in color.
  • 11 cc MACS marine pipe with a tip muffler is also liked by many.

Here's a more typical installation from PAC NW. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, the set up in the middle picture is what has taken the R/C Unlimiteds title for several years in Dave Brandt's Pico. Last I knew, both he and Bill(allrc here in the forum) both ran that set up and placed 2nd and 3rd in this season's points race. They are both IW members if you have any questions that they could answer

Thanks for all the help guys! dont forget you can watch the H1 Unlimited tri-cities tomorrow at 4:00 on Versus!!

Scott

Hey Scott,

Some of us were all set up to record the Tri-Cities race last Sunday at 3 PM CST only to find that they ,Versus, were covering the Dan Weldon Memorial.

Really great to have Unlimited races televised again after so many years. The schedule I have shows Seattle - 30 OCT, TBA - 6 NOV, and San Diego - 13 NOV. - all 1 PM PST.

I have enjoyed watching you drive the U-7 like you stole it - Har, Har !!!

What are you going to run in Scale??

The third pic is Dave Brandt's boat I believe. The middle pic is a Russian pipe I bought from Al Hobbs @ Reserve Nationals, but I don't believe still available. Similar to the AB pipe (also not in production), and the CMB Muffled pipe which I believe is available (I found a pic FYI). CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Scott,

And - - Tri-Cities it was today - Har, Har !!!. Obviously your info is much better than ours. Very good coverage. And R/C Unlimited even got a little air time. Seattle next week?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott great driving job at the Seattle race. Up here in the northwest most guys are using the Steve Muck or older style Andy Brown (not the billet) AB 67 muffled pipes.

Scott if you can't get a hold of a Muck pipe the AB 67 Black pipe is still available but it's a CMB now. I have one in my Circus and I love it. You can get em from Stu Barr or Bill Brandt and they are both on IW.

Back